Ground straps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ground straps

I am new to this but does anybody have a source for ground straps.I can find 4 and 2 gage but I’m am also looking for 4/0 and 2/0 or 0000 gage and 00 gage flat stainless or tinned copper.

You might try an equipment or tractor supply company. Older tractors ran 6 volt, and equipment runs 24 volt. Both require heavier cables. I believe that I saw the flat ground straps on Yesterdays tractors.com
    Tom Senecal Not enough money or years to build all of the Studebakers that I think I can.

Comment

If you have a store near you that specializes in selling just batteries, they're usually set up to make heavy duty cables to order.
      Skip Lackie

Comment

I hear that Welding Supply Stores also have 00 Cable, probably not Flat, but the 6 Volt System will not know the difference.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Do not use any stainless braid for this. The resistance is much higher compared to tinned copper. At my work, we have a high power product where they went to using stainless braid as shielding in the power cables deliberately since the resistance is higher. With the copper braid, there were huge circulating AC currents in the shields that were causing problems. The resistance in the stainless braid prevented those currents from getting out of hand. Different application compared to a battery ground but the point being the resistance is higher with that material and will cause problems for starting.

Jeff in ND

Comment

Working...
          X