The Cars that made America DRIVE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Cars that made America DRIVE!

The History Channel is running that Series again today, up here it is Comcast Cable Channel 671.
    They are calling this: "The Cars that made America DRIVE, Part II & III."

You would think that if the producers were going to try to make a Show that shows HISTORY that instead of a bunch of Movie/TV types producing it, they would get some very reasonable Real "Car Guys", there are THOUSANDS of us out there, much cheaper to get it RIGHT!

I think it is just unforgivable to TALK about a '54 Ford or Mercury with Ford's 1st. New OHV V8, while showing and test driving a '55 Mercury!
    All this While DeLorean is telling Cole we need to build one, but by the time you could buy a OHV '55 Ford or Merc. GM/Chevrolet already had '55 Chev's with 265 V8's, Plus Pontiacs, Buicks, Olds, Caddys and GMC's!

An even WORSE blunder is all those multiple shots of a staged "Woodward Ave. Detroit Drag Race" where DeLorean is supposed to be showing off his fast 389 hand made GTO Prototype to Lee Iacocca of Ford but they Show a Big Monster full size 1963 Le Sabre BUICK!

Then there is the Story about the Development of the "First" Compact American Cars in "1960", showing mostly Corvairs, never mentioning (just a Pic or 2) of a Falcon, NO mention of Comets, Valiants, Darts, Tempests, F-85's or Skylarks.
    And of course also not mentioning that the "Compacts" were invented by Nash in 1956, and followed up in 1959 By Studebaker Larks beating the Big Three by 4 YEARS!

Just some REALLY uninformed people.

I found many Prior Posts about poor History Channel TV Shows about Cars, but not about this one, I am sure there could be some, doesn't matter this is the correct Title of this Series.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

I channel surfed to it, then went right on past after a few minutes. Too much mis-information that will surely be spouted by some in the future.
    Money may not buy happiness, but it's more comfortable to cry in a Mercedes than on a bicycle.

Comment

Get on line and send your dissatisfaction to the network producers. They may do better in the future if they know that knowledgeable people are watching and will hold them accountable for their shows content.
      Ed Sallia
      Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Eddie View Post
        Get on line and send your dissatisfaction to the network producers. They may do better in the future if they know that knowledgeable people are watching and will hold them accountable for their shows content.
        Better yet, record it and take note of the advertisers. Let them know that you are unhappy with the show, and the reasons, and as a result will not buy their product.

As long as any show is on the air and no one gives pressure to the corporations that sponsor the show, nothing will change. History Channel no longer caters to someone interested in the facts of the past, just entertainment that can be produced on the cheap, as this show was.

Bob Miles
        Tucson AZ

Comment

When I was on temporary duty in Texas in 2004, it was my first experience with cable TV. I figured i would be glued to the History channel. Apparently that was around the time they dumbed everything down. What a disappointment! Lots of channels of crap. At least I didn't have to pay to wire my house for cable.
          RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
          4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
          5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Same crowd that gives us fake news, I guess.....

Comment

I remember seeing the first time it aired and I too was appalled at the mistakes in it. The same shots you mentioned, StudeRich. It was awful. I'd like to know who was the advising editor on that show. He needs to be fired.
              sals54

Comment

Working...
              X