• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Steal

try this on....

64 GT Hawk (K7)
    1970 Avanti (R3)

Glad its on the other side of the country, because I might have to own it otherwise

Comment

Looks like he started out on the wrong end. Shoulda upgraded brakes, suspension and steering first. As is, people like me may be tempted to, "take her out and see what she'll do". A terrible idea, because its basically a rolling deathtrap. Even if the stock brakes were working, its still a deathtrap.

Comment

The brakes may be updated. Surely, he didn't use the stock rear end and the replacement would have the rear covered. He says he doesn't have the master cylinder mounted and the pedal worked out. Hopefully if he drives it, he will be slowly chugging around a fairly level yard or field. Lots of open ground in Montana.
        "In the heart of Arkansas."
        Searcy, Arkansas
        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
        1952 2R pickup

Comment

Originally posted by lumpy View Post
          Glad its on the other side of the country, because I might have to own it otherwise
          I just showed this to my son and we both said pretty much the same thing.
          Joe Roberts
          '61 R1 Champ
          '65 Cruiser
          Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

While he characterizes it as an "untouched original" other than the engine swap, how does that explain the wheels, side hood ornamentation, gauge cluster, seat, shifter, etc.?

Comment

Originally posted by Guido View Post
              While he characterizes it as an "untouched original" other than the engine swap, how does that explain the wheels, side hood ornamentation, gauge cluster, seat, shifter, etc.?
              He wore gloves while working on it.
              "In the heart of Arkansas."
              Searcy, Arkansas
              1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
              1952 2R pickup

Comment

Working...
              X