Champ at work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Champ at work

Moved my mechanic Grandson's tools and box 55 miles today for his job change. Customers at the Chevy dealer did a double take at the Stude getting loaded in the shop. The Champ got more attention than the cars in the showroom.
    Attached Files
    Fred

Agreed - they love to get their "hands dirty" - friends 8E picking up a rebuilt motor a couple years back.

Comment

It sure looks more interesting than modern cars or trucks, hence the notoriety. Beats computer designed vehicles any day.

Comment

My old '64 Champ was so rusty that the front fenders flapped in the breeze but the frame/bed was solid. More than once it carried a load of gravel to fill in a driveway on the side of the house. They couldn't believe it at the gravel pit as most pick ups were straining with half the load...

Comment

goes to show you how far the quality of the newer trucks has gone down. Just so that they can add a few "Do Dads", electronics, etc.

Comment

My baby blue '61Champ was used to transport a bed full (long bed at that) of Studebaker parts from eastern North Carolina to South Bend for the International Meet. Now I will admit a friend drove it while I drove in the luxury of my Cruiser.
            Joe Roberts
            '61 R1 Champ
            '65 Cruiser
            Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Working...
            X