How many Studebakers in Daily Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many Studebakers in Daily Service

This topic comes up from time to time. I Wonder how many Studeys are still in daily service. As of yesterday, 64s1705, my 64 Commander, with a lot of help from fellow club members, is back in daily service. How many of us are still using them?

Stude wagon = happy wife The 57 is the "new" daily driver, got about 30,000 miles under the belt so far.

[img=left]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g27/Rosstude/OldWorld2005002.jpg[/img=left]
    Ross.
    Riverside, Ca.
    1957 Provincial X2
    1958 Transtar
    sigpic
    Ross.
    Riverside, Ca.
    1957 Provincial X2
    1958 Transtar

Comment

Stude wagon = happy wife The 57 is the "new" daily driver, got about 30,000 miles under the belt so far.

[img=left]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g27/Rosstude/OldWorld2005002.jpg[/img=left]
      Ross.
      Riverside, Ca.
      1957 Provincial X2
      1958 Transtar
      sigpic
      Ross.
      Riverside, Ca.
      1957 Provincial X2
      1958 Transtar

Comment

My wife drives a 1955 E7 pickup. It's her ONLY vehicle and is used daily (about 7500 miles per year).

I drive 30,000 miles per year and just flat out don't have the guts to drive anything vintage that many miles. Plus, I really like the creature comforts of a modern car when fighting 35+ miles of stop-and-go L.A. traffic five nights per week.

But when I finish the '56 hotrod I will probably drive it to work a couple of times per month.

Comment

My wife drives a 1955 E7 pickup. It's her ONLY vehicle and is used daily (about 7500 miles per year).

I drive 30,000 miles per year and just flat out don't have the guts to drive anything vintage that many miles. Plus, I really like the creature comforts of a modern car when fighting 35+ miles of stop-and-go L.A. traffic five nights per week.

But when I finish the '56 hotrod I will probably drive it to work a couple of times per month.

Comment

[)]I drive a '64 Champ 1/2 ton every day.[)]

steve blake

steve blake...roaming the Texas Panhandle in my trusty Champ pickup
            http://tinyurl.com/kr3gt

Comment

[)]I drive a '64 Champ 1/2 ton every day.[)]

steve blake

steve blake...roaming the Texas Panhandle in my trusty Champ pickup
              http://tinyurl.com/kr3gt

Comment

64 Cruiser. Daily driver. Winter, Summer, rain, snow, ice, whatever. Sits outside all the time. That's what it was intended to do. Here parked in the office parking lot.

Frank Starr
                Seattle

Comment

64 Cruiser. Daily driver. Winter, Summer, rain, snow, ice, whatever. Sits outside all the time. That's what it was intended to do. Here parked in the office parking lot.

Frank Starr
                  Seattle

Comment

In 1974 a '62 Lark VI was my daily driver, in 1977 a '60 Lark VI convertible, in 1978 I got a '53 Commander Coupe and alternated between the two for a decade or so. A couple years in there I also used a '57 Cadillac.

My last daily driver was a '63 Cruiser and made its debut in October 1994. It was retired ten years later.

The three I have remaining, while I can't consider them daily drivers, are often used to get to work or the grocery store or wherever. The '51 is currently my nice weather (rain's okay, snow is not) daily driver. It hasn't seen snow since I returned from York two years ago. A '91 S-10 with Iron Duke and 5-speed manual is my utility vehicle.

I know one member of our Chapter who only ownes one vehicle, and it is an Avanti.

Brad Johnson
                    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
                    Brad Johnson,
                    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

In 1974 a '62 Lark VI was my daily driver, in 1977 a '60 Lark VI convertible, in 1978 I got a '53 Commander Coupe and alternated between the two for a decade or so. A couple years in there I also used a '57 Cadillac.

My last daily driver was a '63 Cruiser and made its debut in October 1994. It was retired ten years later.

The three I have remaining, while I can't consider them daily drivers, are often used to get to work or the grocery store or wherever. The '51 is currently my nice weather (rain's okay, snow is not) daily driver. It hasn't seen snow since I returned from York two years ago. A '91 S-10 with Iron Duke and 5-speed manual is my utility vehicle.

I know one member of our Chapter who only ownes one vehicle, and it is an Avanti.

Brad Johnson
                      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
                      Brad Johnson,
                      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

My '53 Coupe was in the alternating lineup for daily service ('40 Ford, '53 Stude, '49 Willys Wagon), but I've been neglecting it recently due to other distractions...

Daddy always said, if yer gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough & I'm one tough sumbitch!
                        -------------------
                        Daddy always said, if yer gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough & I\'m one tough sumbiatch!

Comment

My '53 Coupe was in the alternating lineup for daily service ('40 Ford, '53 Stude, '49 Willys Wagon), but I've been neglecting it recently due to other distractions...

Daddy always said, if yer gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough & I'm one tough sumbitch!
                          -------------------
                          Daddy always said, if yer gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough & I\'m one tough sumbiatch!

Comment

I drive as often as weather permits, but not as a daily driver. I like to go 5 or 6 miles to warm up the car. Some salt on the roads now, so Stude stays put.

Comment

I drive as often as weather permits, but not as a daily driver. I like to go 5 or 6 miles to warm up the car. Some salt on the roads now, so Stude stays put.

Comment

Working...
                              X