Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Flags

hi guys has anyone ever bought from this company

there seams to be no contact details what so ever , don't want to send any money and get nowt back

That design is being used without permission. Yes, a lot of other people are using it too. A copywrite wasn't registered 30+ years ago when designed and it's not worth contesting.

You can get that same flag on ebay for the same price. You can also get the early design flag and the late design flag for even less.

Comment

Many thanks for the info , I did see the same one on eBay although the colour did seem slightly different but that maybe just the image , I don't think it was eBay America (I'll have to check again ) do you have the links for the flags or the person selling them on eBay ???

Comment

Go into eBay and enter STUDEBKER FLAGS in the search box. stupak

Comment

That particular design is almost identical to this one i have attached. The difference is the one I’ve attached has a slightly diffrerent Studebaker script (both of which are correct). The one I attched is a current registered trademark ownedClick image for larger version

Name:	288BFC21-B6DA-45E3-B022-BACE2A65DF31.gif
Views:	1
Size:	4.8 KB
ID:	1717179 by the Studebaker National Museum. The flag design is nonetheless close enough, imho, to be a trademark violation. It would up to the SNM to contest this item (unless the seller has usage permission)
          sigpic
          Bob Shaw
          Rush City, Minnesota
          1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
          "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Comment

When did they trademark that design? Do they know who created it, when and for whom?

Comment

I've always enjoyed showing this flag which I picked up at a South Bend International Meet some years ago.Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03387.jpg
Size:	184.8 KB
ID:	1717180

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
              MELBOURNE.

Comment

This is the original use of that design. It is one of the two original handmade pieces.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3356.jpg
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	1717219

Comment

Originally posted by bensherb View Post
                  This is the original use of that design. It is one of the two original handmade pieces.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]68610[/ATTACH]
                  that looks cool

Comment

Originally posted by stupak View Post
                    Go into eBay and enter STUDEBKER FLAGS in the search box. stupak
                    they seem to be in short supply

Comment

Mine came from China printed on a huge silk Flag, which I am sure was Pirated, because they do not honor anyone's Patents.
                      StudeRich
                      Second Generation Stude Driver,
                      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3359.jpg
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	1717387 Mine was handmade by a local seamstress several decades ago from a design drawing I made. I didn't like the blocky look of the late logo or the busyness of the early one, so I took elements of each and combined them, then simplified it for a cleaner look and to make it easier to produce in flagcloth and embroidery. I did it as a present for my father. I only made two, so I was surprised when I found other people producing products with my design on them decades later. Of course, one of those two has been to Studebaker events from one coast to the other.

Comment

Working...
                        X