PDA

View Full Version : Nice 63 Avanti in Boise ID

tsenecal
11-08-2017, 10:44 PM
For somebody searching for an Avanti. It seems like a nice clean car to my untrained eyes. Maybe priced at the top of its value, but it has been posted for a while now, so the price may be negotiable. Not something I can afford at this time, but maybe one of you can find it a new home.https://www.ksl.com/auto/listing/4136533?ad_cid=4#

PackardV8
11-09-2017, 01:09 AM
Certainly could benefit from a more detailed and professional presentation. Hubcaps wouldn't hurt either.

jack vines

StudeRich
11-09-2017, 01:31 AM
Standing a 1/2 Block away or Zooming in on a 1 Ft. section are both terrible positions to take a Car Picture with a Cellphone to create SOME amount of interest.

sweetolbob
11-09-2017, 08:14 AM
I'll agree that the ad is a mile away from the Dick-S/Matt-B presentations. Noted the lack of interior pixs also. For that kind of money it would be worth a trip or local expert looking at it. The poor presentation might also help in negotiations if it sets a few months. All-in-All, if it's as described the price is in the ballpark.

Bob

tsenecal
11-09-2017, 08:59 AM
Yes , I agree with all of the comments. The one interior picture barely shows that it is a four speed. At the top of his price range, he may have to present it better to make a sale. Maybe he is doing some fishing to check on its value.

thunderations
11-09-2017, 11:53 AM
Scares me that it's advertised as having added a "THICK" protective coat of undercoating. How much bad can you cover up by doing that?

harry
11-09-2017, 12:18 PM
Scares me that it's advertised as having added a "THICK" protective coat of undercoating. How much bad can you cover up by doing that?

But...it comes with two radios in an ugly console.
Missing the front "grill" ?

studegary
11-09-2017, 02:40 PM
But...it comes with two radios in an ugly console.
Missing the front "grill" ?

I believe that this Avanti was assembled before front grilles became standard. They could be retrofitted to earlier models, but not all did that.

Jessie J.
11-09-2017, 11:01 PM
Wonder why he would describe it as having "the original 289 cu in HAWK small block V8"?
When the 'Avanti engine' options many performance enhancing upgrades, were when installed any model Studebaker, a considerable step up from the old mundane 225/289 workhorse.
A 'Hawk' engine is not original to any Avanti, but an 'Avanti engine' option MAY be original to any '63-64 Studebaker, and when present greatly increases both collector desirability and valuation.