Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

something has changed in the forum operating parameters???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• something has changed in the forum operating parameters???

The forum has always worked well for me. My computer is Windows 7 and the browser is Firefox.

All of a sudden today, the forum is operating differently.

When I look at a thread, I used to use the browser's back arrow to bring me back to the index. Now, as or today, I have to scroll all the way to the top and re-select what I am looking at (tech talk, general Studebaker specific, stove huggers) etc. If I hit my browser's back arrow, it just refreshes the page I was looking at.

Second, many phrases in the discussion are highlighted in blue, like a link. If I click on the blue, it takes me to some ads or to something for sale.

Any idea what is going on?
    RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
    4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
    5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Radio Roy;
    I am running the same as you windows 7 and Firefox.
    On my computer the little arrow on the top left page brings me back to the previous page and if it is there the other arrow will bring me to the page I just left
    You might try uninstalling Firefox and turning off your computer. Then use IE or Chrome to search for a new install of Firefox.
    I just did that to cure a couple of issues, I was unable to correct by using Firefox's settings.
    Ron

Comment

Unfortunately, it has to be your Computer, SOMEBODY has messed with the settings, probably on Firefox!

I use Windows 7 and Google Chrome and have no issues, but Ron is a better test of that.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I've heard that Firefox updates have changes that make the browser not work as well or compatible with any websites. If your Firefox browser has updated, you might want to go back to a previous version, or try a different browser.
        Lew Schucart
        Editor, Avanti Magazine

Comment

Thanks guys. I will try some of these things after the sun goes down. There is too little sun to waste these days.
          RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
          4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
          5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Try the Alt. and left arrow key. I had to start using that when my backspace button wouldn't take me back to my previous page.
            Jerry Forrester
            Forrester's Chrome
            Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Try key sequence ALT+LeftArrow to go back to previous page.
              64 Avanti R1 R5529

Comment

Working...
              X