PDA

View Full Version : Avanti Attire Today

studegary
11-03-2017, 09:03 PM
Today, I went to two different events wearing an "Avanti" (picture and name) sweatshirt (from SI).

The first event was a ribbon cutting for a new ownership of the local Mazda dealership. There were about 100 people there. I saw many take notice of the shirt, but only one made mention of it. That was a tech from the service department that commented that the Avanti was a nice car. I thanked him and told him that I have owned a few.

The second event was a birthday party with about 50 people. They had an entertainer who played the guitar and sang along with computerized music. In two different songs, he interjected nice Avanti comments. What made it special to me was that I was sitting off to his side and directly in front of him was a guy wearing a shirt with a 1964 Impala on it. The Chevrolet didn't even get a mention. The entertainer was younger than I, but he obviously knew about Avantis.

StudeRich
11-03-2017, 09:48 PM
I never wear Studebaker specific clothing, only just one of my "Stude." Baseball Caps sometimes.
Maybe I should try a bit more "Advertising" my favorite Marque. :)

Haven't worn my STP Red Pants in many years, or my Indianapolis 500 White STP Jumpsuit with about a hundred STP Red ovals on it either! :ohmy:

studegary
11-03-2017, 09:54 PM
Clothing does not make up for or equate to the exposure of a vehicle, but what I arrived in could not be seen at either of these events.

harry
11-04-2017, 11:18 AM
I still have a T-shirt from the 1980 meet in Gettysburg.

paintim613
11-04-2017, 12:56 PM
I wear Stude/Avanti tee shirts at every car show I attend to help give our cars more exposure. Surprised to see that everyone in SDC doesn't do the same. But that's just me.

Green53
11-05-2017, 12:49 PM
I have scored some great buys at flea markets just because I had a Studebaker or Avanti shirt. Several times they say hey Studebaker guy and bring out something that was not on display.

Denny L