PDA

View Full Version : What's Happening For December Turning Wheels

SusieQ
11-03-2017, 03:13 PM
Hi all,
Each month, I submit events for What's Happening in two ways.

I send my files to Turning Wheels editor Ann Turner. This file lists all of the events and includes the new ones which I receive from chapters.
Then I send all of the new events which I have listed to the SDC webmaster Mark Wheeler. These files are then uploaded to the SDC site at that time.
It is the closest I can come to making What's Happening mirror the Events on the SDC website.
Right now, new events which will appear in the December issue of What's Happening are listed on the SDC website. So, you are seeing events on our SDC website some of which you won’t see until you receive your December Turning Wheels.
This process of adding new events both to What’s Happening and the SDC site is repeated each month. To give you an idea, I am now working on What’s Happening for January 2018.
Just an FYI, when a member lists an event themselves on the SDC site, I receive a notice of it via email. That is how I learned of the 2018 Crossroads Zone Meet which is going to be held in Archbold Ohio. You won't see this event listed in What's Happening until the January issue of What's Happening.
If you go online to search, you can click on "Zone Meets" and it lists three right now.
DEADLINES FOR SENDING EVENTS TO ME FOR THE JANUARY WHAT'S HAPPENING . This is November 20, 2017. If you have your year planned, send it along to me and I will list the entire year.

Cindy S.
11-05-2017, 06:36 AM
Susan, I echo everything you said above and would like to add that I am willing to put our calendar of events on the SDC Facebook page so that we have a more public list of events people can attend. Members can contact me to add their events to the Facebook page.