PDA

View Full Version : Happy 60th Anniversary Bob Kapteyn

Stu Chapman
10-26-2017, 11:19 AM
Bob and I have something more in common than just Studebaker since we both were married in the same month, same year, same city, except that today is Bob's 60th anniversary while mine was 22 days earlier. Congratulations Bob.

Stu Chapman

2R2
10-26-2017, 12:00 PM
Congratulations to Bob and Marie Kapteyn! Having grown up in Joliet, I have had the opportunity to visit with Bob many times when I get back to see my family. Bob is not only a great guy, but a good friend too.

Wishing Bob and Marie all the best for many years to come!

BobPalma
10-26-2017, 12:12 PM
:!!: 'Way cool, Bob and Marie. Congratulations. :D :cool: BP

tim333
10-26-2017, 12:13 PM
Circa 1961, Bob's first child and first Studebaker. First house in Orland Park also. I had the pleasure of attending the celebration last sunday.

Buzzard
10-26-2017, 12:15 PM
Congrats Bob & Marie!!
Cheers,
Bill & Sonja

53commander
10-26-2017, 05:59 PM
Congratulations!!

Studebaker Wheel
10-26-2017, 07:41 PM
Last Sunday.

8E45E
10-26-2017, 07:46 PM
I will also offer my congratulations as well.

It was great to see your collection last May, and I hope to get back there again.

Craig

tim333
10-26-2017, 07:49 PM
You were there Richard and I didn't meet you! Where were you seated?

Tim

raprice
10-26-2017, 07:59 PM
Congrats to Bob and Marie. 60 years is a great achievement.
Nice going guys!!!
Rog

41 Frank
10-26-2017, 08:19 PM
Congratulations on 60 years Robert and Marie, what an accomplishment!
Frank van Doorn

LovelandJoe
10-26-2017, 09:33 PM
Sorry I didn't know about your anniversary when I spoke to you today. Happy Anniversary Bob and Marie

nwi-region-rat
10-26-2017, 09:47 PM
Happy Anniversary

Studebaker Wheel
10-27-2017, 04:22 AM
You were there Richard and I didn't meet you! Where were you seated?

Tim

Sitting at the table with Bob and Marie and their daughter (and Bob's sister). Bob and his sister were relating interesting stories of their childhood and the Nazi soldiers who made regular stops to their house in Holland looking for any illegal items. Their father was taken to a labor camp during one long period but was released before the end of the war.

t walgamuth
10-27-2017, 06:00 AM
Good job
Bob and Marie!

jclary
10-27-2017, 06:08 AM
Last Sunday.

Sitting at the table with Bob and Marie and their daughter (and Bob's sister). Bob and his sister were relating interesting stories of their childhood and the Nazi soldiers who made regular stops to their house in Holland looking for any illegal items. Their father was taken to a labor camp during one long period but was released before the end of the war.

In discussing our cars, we often encourage pictures, 'cause we ALL love pictures.:) Thank you for posting this one Richard, because it enhances the forum presence of "BOB," to a depth far beyond the three letters we see in his first name...(even if we resorted to using the formal "Robert.") Those smiles are precious.:D

The highlighted comments above, reveal much more than merely a guy in Joliet Illinois with a bunch of "parts," but someone with more to tell than this little forum could hold. So, to you Mrs & Mr. Kapteyn, my respect & appreciation has deepened, and I, as a fellow SDC & forum member, want to offer my congratulations as well!:!:

Chicken Hawk
10-27-2017, 08:45 AM
Amen to what everyone else has to say. CONGRATULATIONS!

Ted & Mary Ann

candbstudebakers
10-27-2017, 11:20 AM

Ted & Mary Ann

Same here, I have only met Marie once and that was my first trip by the place of business and since then I go by every chance I get while traveling near or past there, since I live in California I can not just get in the car and go by. Bob's place is something every Studebaker lover should see and with Bob getting older people should do it sooner rather than later. Lat May while on our trip to S/B Ian Mackellar from Australia, Gale Nation from Utah, and myself stopped by so see Bob and view the parts and old building and at that time got to meet Bob's son. Both Bob and his son are good Studebaker people and have lots of parts. in my option there is two things a true Studebaker person should make an effort to take in one is the PSMCR's and Bob's place with both Bob and Ted getting older one should not wait as both could stop doing what they do best at any time, hope to see you on my next trip by Bob.

candbstudebakers
10-27-2017, 11:22 AM

Ted & Mary Ann

Same here, I have only met Marie once and that was my first trip by the place of business and since then I go by every chance I get while traveling near or past there, since I live in California I can not just get in the car and go by. Bob's place is something every Studebaker lover should see and with Bob getting older people should do it sooner rather than later. Last May while on our trip to S/B Ian Mackellar from Australia, Gale Nation from Utah, and myself stopped by so see Bob and view the parts and old building and at that time got to meet Bob's son. Both Bob and his son are good Studebaker people and have lots of parts. in my option there is two things a true Studebaker person should make an effort to take in one is the PSMCR's and Bob's place with both Bob and Ted getting older one should not wait as both could stop doing what they do best at any time, hope to see you on my next trip by Bob.

52hawk
10-27-2017, 11:26 AM
Happy Anniversary to Bob And Marie!! Bob gave my son and me a tour of all 3 floors,back around 2002,we'll both always remember that amazing day!

SScopelli
10-27-2017, 04:54 PM
Congratulation!

My parents were married on Feb 02 1957, Seemed like a good year..

8E45E
10-27-2017, 08:44 PM
Happy Anniversary to Bob And Marie!! Bob gave my son and me a tour of all 3 floors,back around 2002,we'll both always remember that amazing day!

It is hard to forget, isn't it?

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4494/37947579452_c804e0934c_k.jpg

Craig

candbstudebakers
10-28-2017, 10:38 AM
It is hard to forget, isn't it?

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4494/37947579452_c804e0934c_k.jpg

Craig

Craig, with that picture it should want every one to go see the rest of the back side and and every thing inside, they just don't know ehat they are missing.

tim333
10-28-2017, 11:21 AM
The picture doesnt show the long building which is to the left of what is shown here, definately a must visit.

Buzzard
10-28-2017, 11:33 AM
And don't forget the basement! We were astonished last summer when we got Bob to give us tour. I wish we had more time.
Great place, great folks.
Bill

rkapteyn
10-28-2017, 09:06 PM
Thanks for the very nice comments and pictures.
Our anniversary party was fantastic with many close friends.
To add to Richard Quinn's comments on my sister's conversation.
My father was in the underground and was involved with distributing ration cards that were either counterfeit or stolen from the Nazis and distributed to Jewish families who were denied ration cards and he was send to a concentration camp when the Nazis found a Jewish family family hiding in our house.
Robert Kapteyn