Mouse repellant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mouse repellant

Time to put cars away for the winter. I've tried every thing to keep the mice out. Moth balls work but they stink. Irish spring soap not only doesn't work but they ate it! Bounce kinda works but it stinks too. By far the best stuff ever is Fresh Cab. It is made to keep mice out of combine and tractor cabs, which, if you ever owned one is a HUGE problem. Fresh Cab is a nice smelling, natural packet you just toss into you car. I usually toss another in one or twice in the course of a long Minnesota winter. I have had no problem since I began using this product several years ago. Any farm store and most implement dealers carry it.

Thanks for pointing this out, I had never heard of it before. I had the same experience as you with Irish Spring.

Comment

I just checked 5 different places and they were out of stock or on back order.

Comment

Jeff :

We are just north of the border from you . Is this cab fresh available in Canuck country .

Old Fart

Comment

I got Cab Fresh at the local farm equipment dealer. It did not seem to be very effective at deterring mice.
          Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Ebay sells them at a higher price of course!

Comment

Decon! OK, it isn't a deterrant, but I've not had any mouse trouble, just have to dispose of the bodies when they turn up.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom B View Post
                Decon! OK, it isn't a deterrant, but I've not had any mouse trouble, just have to dispose of the bodies when they turn up.
                I thought the same thing. When we have had mouse problems a bit of d-Con or usually stops them.
                "In the heart of Arkansas."
                Searcy, Arkansas
                1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                1952 2R pickup

Comment

I've used Cab Fresh, bought at Tractor Supply. Store my car out in the barn and have never had problems with rodents. Throw some moth balls under the hood, switch on the battery maintainer and good to go for the winter.

Comment

Found sure fire way . It's called a mouse trap . caught one this morning but confused . The trap was sitting within 6" of two moth balls .

Old Fart

Comment

Working...
                    X