62 GT colors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 62 GT colors

Looking for feed back on the best color for a GT. I have a 62 GT to repaint. Colors suggested so far are Black, white with back half top. Bright blue,Green, Black with red pearl. Have not seen a lot of two tones that I like but open to that if it fits. Stock color is not needed as this is a half assed custom.

I suggest sticking with a dark mono-tone finish - black, maroon, dark green or dark blue. These cars look better in dark colors (body wise) and the trim stands out better against a dark color.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I agree with Gary, the dark colors look best as they have a nice contrast with the chrome & stainless steel trim. However, black may be the most popular color on these, so you may want to choose something a little different for the sake of being different. Black Cherry perhaps?
      sigpic
      In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

I have always liked the robin egg blue.

But red is always a good color.

Comment

My 62 was panted two tone by a previous owner. I personally think the color combination is very nice. I believe the green is a 62 GT color but I don't know the name or code. The half roof is an off white and I had the seats redone to match, green vinyl with off white centers.
          I'd rather be driving my Studebaker!

sigpic

Comment

The vinyl sport top was a 64 only option but don't think anyone will complain especially if you like it

Comment

Brent The black with red pearl I mentioned is a color I put on a 68 GTO. It looks black from most angles but anywhere the sun hits it it flips to a rootbeer brown color. My paint mixers own custom color we came up with for the goat. He is the only one with the mix formula for it. Trunk is messed up so my brother has a 70 mark 3 he's junking out and plan is cutting the fake continental off the mark trunk and put it on the hawks.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by swvalcon; 10-23-2017, 12:10 PM.

Comment

My 62 Hawk is all black with a red interior and came from the factory that way. I had a yellow one, a blue one and 3 or 4 black ones, but I like the black exterior the best. Bud

Comment

As was suggested here, Black Cherry. Here are a few shots of mine. I have the color code if you are interested.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170722_145644.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	132.9 KB
ID:	1716882Click image for larger version

Name:	20160710_122208.jpg
Size:	154.3 KB
ID:	1716883Click image for larger version

Name:	20160710_122050.jpg
Size:	162.5 KB
ID:	1716884Click image for larger version

Name:	20160710_122401.jpg
Size:	104.7 KB
ID:	1716885 It's one of those colors that takes on different shades depending on the light. In dim light it is black but in the sun light you can see the red. I get a lot of compliments on the color! Cheers!

Comment

Name:	Blog-Roof-two-tone-2.jpg
Size:	147.3 KB
ID:	1716887Click image for larger version

Name:	Blog-Two-Tone-Roof.jpg
Size:	113.2 KB
ID:	1716888Click image for larger version

Name:	slide2.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	1716889 I picked some modern colors that looked a lot like the original brown metallic. Added some gold pearl, and two toned the roof in a darker paint.
                    Last edited by bezhawk; 10-23-2017, 04:01 PM.
                    Bez Auto Alchemy
                    573-318-8948
                    http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Found a photo of a 1964 Hawk with a dark metallic blue color. I like it!
                      sigpic
                      In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

I think GT Hawks look best in black. Just my humble opinion.
                        1962 Champ

51 Commander 4 door

Comment

Bezhawk: I like the way you split the color on the roof.

My '62 is a nice med light blue metalic. I love the color and get positive comments about it ALL the time, pretty much any time I take it out. I wish I knew what the color was but can't find it in the color charts, though I've seen several others this color. It's nice to have a car that's actually a color, it's easy to find in a parking lot, in the sea of grey cars! My 2 cents.

Name:	20160503_221108a.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	102.6 KB
ID:	1716898
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
                            Found a photo of a 1964 Hawk with a dark metallic blue color. I like it!
                            That is an unusual 1964 Hawk with the ornament on the hood and not on the grille surround.

BTW, my own 1964 Hawk was all black.
                            Gary L.
                            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Good eyes Gary

Comment

Working...
                              X