Kailua-Kona Hawaii car show/ benefit event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kailua-Kona Hawaii car show/ benefit event

Karen and I went to a car show/ benefit last night for the good friend that used to put on all the shows. It turned out great, money was raised, prizes were given, the Motorsports Park he was so strongly trying to get us received $$$$ and lots of new members. Karen drove our Mini to the show, I drove the 55, then when we left, we switched cars. If you want to experience the far ends of automotive adventure, hop in a 4 speed 4 cylinder Mini and then get in a Studebaker automatic V-8, ha ! Had a ball, and nope, no other Studes (or Minis) there.
    Attached Files

Yeah, that certainly is opposite ends of the spectrum, for sure. I have driven both types myself, both very cool, and very different!
    1950 Commander Land Cruiser
    1951 Champion Business Coupe
    1951 Commander Starlight
    1952 Champion 2Dr. Sedan
    1953 Champion Starlight
    1953 Commander Starliner
    1953 2R5
    1956 Golden Hawk Jet Streak
    1957 Silver Hawk
    1957 3E5 Pick-Up
    1959 Silver Hawk
    1961 Hawk
    1962 Cruiser 4 speed
    1963 Daytona Convertible
    1964 Daytona R2 4 speed
    1965 Cruiser
    1970 Avanti

Comment

I see Frost & French on the license plate frame. That's where we used to get our parts in California in the '50s and '60s. Very cool.
      Ed Sallia
      Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

John, I think I know the 55? Just a note on the subject of the 55 and others that I sold for the past owner, his name was Bill Carlson from San Francisco he owned Jack's Cannery on Fisherman's worf when I sold the cars I didn't know Bill was as sick as he was and found out this week end at our zone meet that he passed away last week. Bill was a good guy and Studebaker man many here on the forum had seen some of his car when passing through San Francisco, RIP Bill see you in the future.....Bob
        Candbstudebakers
        Castro Valley,
        California

Comment

Yes sir Bob, you do indeed know our car ! Sorry to hear about Mr. Carlson passing away. Thanks again for letting all of us here on the forum know 1st about cars you sell, ( here's one of the pics you and Greg sent us) we love ours.
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X