"Friends List"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Friends List"

Just got a notification that two people wanted to join my "friends list" here on this site. I don't have a "friends list". I try to be friendly to everybody here. "Friends list" smacks too much of social media, and I hate "social media" with the heat of a thousand burning suns. So I deleted the requests, which was not easy to do with the site software.

So anyone wants to send me a private message, or meet up in person, when possible, go for it. I am delighted to be friends with anyone here; I'm just not into lists. Seems waay too "tween girl" to me.

So, to those who got their friend request deleted, it's not you. Just send a regular old Private Message, and I will cheerfully respond.
    Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Never knew that was there. Now you have 3 requests.

Comment

Originally posted by BobWaitz View Post
      Never knew that was there. Now you have 3 requests.
      And now four.
      Jerry Forrester
      Forrester's Chrome
      Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Not anymore, I don't.

Don't take it personally. My "friends list" is maintained in my head, and as far as I'm concerned, everybody on this Forum is on it.
        Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

When the Forum was switched to the vBulletin software the "friends list" came with it. Some folks got some "friends" on the list but, for the function of our forum, it accomplishes nothing. It's like an appendix. It's there but serves no purpose. There are other features that we simply don't use as well. I wouldn't worry about it.
          Brad Johnson,
          SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
          '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I laugh at the response I get when folks tell me they have ten or even more "friends" on Facebook. I ask them which ones can they count on to help them change a flat tire or give them a lift to the doctor. Blank "I don't understand the question" stares are prevalent. Unbelievable! They really don't understand what a real friend is these days. I too, would rather not see this type of non sense on this forum either. We have plenty of help and invaluable expertise already from members. What's the point of a "friends list" when you can PM a member anytime?

Comment

AMEN! and can I borrow 10 bucks

Comment

I think I have 3 people on my friends list here. I don't even remember who is on it because it has never had any use on this forum.
                "In the heart of Arkansas."
                Searcy, Arkansas
                1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                1952 2R pickup

Comment

Originally posted by 52-fan View Post
                  I think I have 3 people on my friends list here. I don't even remember who is on it because it has never had any use on this forum.
                  And hopefully it never will.

Comment

Who needs friends when you have all of these Forum members to argue with..................?
                    sigpic1966 Daytona (The First One)
                    1950 Champion Convertible
                    1950 Champion 4Dr
                    1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
                    1957 Thunderbird

Comment

Working...
                    X