PDA

View Full Version : Art Center Pasadena car show

spokejr
10-18-2017, 11:06 PM
Well that's interesting! I just got my Avanti back in running status after her heart/lung transplant. I'll get into that with a later post but what is the interesting part is I come home and Jim Ober is looking for me, it seems that the Art Center is having their annual car show this weekend; http://www.artcenter.edu/connect/events/car-classic-red-white-and-blue.html
and they are in need of a white Avanti...I think I can step in to help...

ddub
10-19-2017, 11:47 AM
I love it when a plan comes together!

studegary
10-19-2017, 02:39 PM
I love it when a plan comes together!

Credit - "A Team"

ddub
10-19-2017, 03:25 PM
I knew someone would get it.

alaipairod
10-19-2017, 08:45 PM
:D.....Your Avanti would be an asset to this show.
You will have a very pleasant experience, the people running the show are exceptional.
We had our '57 GH there last year......."Stanley" was well appreciated, he got one of their awards......
....But more important was our ability to discuss STUDEBAKER at the show........

spokejr
10-19-2017, 09:50 PM
Agreed Rodney! I showed the car in 2015 shortly after I had gotten it to run reliably and you nailed it regarding the experience I had.

What was most interesting was how the students had a deep respect for the car and the designers of it. Top that with the pride they took in knowing how "one of them" an alum, was a key part of the team. I didn't tell one of them the history, they told me and yes, they got it right. One kid started to say how he knew about Studebaker even having a presence in his home province and how he thought it a pity that they didn't transfer production from South Bend to Hamilton and then thought out loud how that move might have killed the car off in '66 so maybe we should be greatfull they didn't.

The show is pricey but well worth the time to see.

Buzzard
10-20-2017, 10:48 AM
What an eclectic gathering of mostly forgotten marques. I hope you enjoy the show and take some pics for the rest of us. I used to own an identical (triple black) '73 Imperial and loved it and with the TNT 440 cid it hauled a**.
Bill