No announcement yet.

What to do in Central PA on Friday Oct 20 - AACA Museum & Hershey vs Lancaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do in Central PA on Friday Oct 20 - AACA Museum & Hershey vs Lancaster

Wife and I are flying out in the morning to D.C and plan to tour Gettysburg on Thursday. We are trying to decide what to do on Friday weather to travel to Harrisburg/Hershey/Echo Caverns or spend the day at York, Lancaster, Strasbourg. Can the locals provide some opinions on what would be the best way to spend the day? We were too late for Hershey and too early for Reedsville. I'd love to see Harley operations in York but for some reason they are not manufacturing on Friday. I want to keep the wife happy - is the Hershey Story & Museum good. How good is the ACCA museum in Hershey? How are the Amish tours? How is the Railroad Museum in Stasburg?
    Saturday we plan to see the DuPont mansion in Winterthur as this appears to be the best of the DuPont homes from what I saw on the internet.

I'd appreciate local input as it appears there is lot to see and do in this area. Hopefully the Falll Foliage will be on display.

Originally posted by Cowtown Commander View Post
    Wife and I are flying out in the morning to D.C and plan to tour Gettysburg on Thursday. We are trying to decide what to do on Friday weather to travel to Harrisburg/Hershey/Echo Caverns or spend the day at York, Lancaster, Strasbourg. Can the locals provide some opinions on what would be the best way to spend the day? We were too late for Hershey and too early for Reedsville. I'd love to see Harley operations in York but for some reason they are not manufacturing on Friday. I want to keep the wife happy - is the Hershey Story & Museum good. How good is the ACCA museum in Hershey? How are the Amish tours? How is the Railroad Museum in Stasburg?
    Saturday we plan to see the DuPont mansion in Winterthur as this appears to be the best of the DuPont homes from what I saw on the internet.

I'd appreciate local input as it appears there is lot to see and do in this area. Hopefully the Falll Foliage will be on display.
    pm sent please read

Comment

I would recommend a visit to the AACA Museum in Hershey.
      The AACA Museum, Inc. in Hershey, PA, presents a world-class collection of cars, trucks, buses, and motorcycles. Plan your visit today.
      Jim Bradley
      Lake Monticello, VA
      '78 Avanti II
      sigpic

Comment

Ditto, the AACA Museum, the Railroad Museum, and if you like toy trains, the Toy Train Museum is just down the road. Also the Watch & Clock Museum is in Columbia Pa.
        JS
        I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

If you have any interest in trains, the Strasburg RR museum is worth a visit. It's one of the largest RR museums in North America. The farmer's markets on Saturday mornings in York and Lancaster are terrific. And you're very close to DC -- a dozen Smithsonian museums, and they're all free.

Fall foliage is not yet at its peak -- we've had a warm fall so far.
          Skip Lackie

Comment

Working...
          X