PDA

View Full Version : Regisrty managers wanted

old fart
10-16-2017, 03:01 PM
Hi folks : we are still looking for people to take on the voluntary positions of registry managers . One I am surprised that has no manager is the 50-51 model cars . The bullet nose as they are know as are the most remembered Studebaker at car shows that many of us go to . There are other vacancies needing to be filled . See current list in TW page 11 . I have found it takes a couple hours to set it up and then but a hour a week to log in new members and up date registry . Any one interested contact me at not4u@nlis.ca . Don't forget this is a family club .

Old Fart Terry

tim333
10-16-2017, 03:10 PM
Sent you an email, I'll do the 50 51 registry.

Chris Pile
10-16-2017, 03:39 PM
Way to step up!

migral23
10-16-2017, 05:21 PM
Is it Page 11 in the October 2017 issue that you're referring to? My newest is Sept 2017, which doesn't have what you mention. Thanks.
Is there an M-series manager?

old fart
10-16-2017, 08:23 PM
Yes the listing of registry Managers is on page 11 of the Oct. issue , I know I just got mine today .Hello Chris That was mark and Ann's doing , all I did was to check out registry managers that were still doing and then try to fill in the empty ones . Take care you guys and gals on the forum .

Old fart

StudeDave57
10-17-2017, 02:15 AM
Yes the listing of registry Managers is on page 11 of the Oct. issue

If your car is one that would fall under my Registry of '56-'58 Stude sedans/wagons along with '57/8 Packard sedans/wagons-- don't use the addie listed on that page. There ought to be yet another update with the proper email address for said Registry coming in a later issue. Hopefully this time it sticks.

The SDC page does have the right one though~
http://www.studebakerdriversclub.com/registries.asp

Also be warned that this is very much a back burner project.
Don't expect an immediate response. Sorry.

raoul5788
10-17-2017, 09:06 AM
If your car is one that would fall under my Registry of '56-'58 Stude sedans/wagons along with '57/8 Packard sedans/wagons-- don't use the addie listed on that page. There ought to be yet another update with the proper email address for said Registry coming in a later issue. Hopefully this time it sticks.

The SDC page does have the right one though~
http://www.studebakerdriversclub.com/registries.asp

Also be warned that this is very much a back burner project.
Don't expect an immediate response. Sorry.

Is my '57 Packard wagon on the list Dave?

old fart
10-17-2017, 12:46 PM
hey there raoul5788 :
I see you have a 63 Cruiser and a 61 wagon . Seen as how you asked about your Packard Why not list your 63 Cruiser and your 61 wagon on the 61-63 Lark registry ??. There will be a registry for your 50 very soon as soon as it is up and running . Lark registry contact Terry at not4u@nlis.ca .

Old Fart

E. Davis
10-17-2017, 03:29 PM
I saw the registry list in the October TW issue and see there is one for 61 Hawks. Refresh my memory and tell me what the benefit is of having your car registered.

old fart
10-17-2017, 08:57 PM
E.Davis ;

The benefits are several and depends on what you wish to get out of it and what you make of it . To name a few you will have the knowledge of where other vehicles like yours are located , you can have benefit of talking to someone that may have had a problem and the solution that you may be having . Also same in reverse you may be able to help someone with their problem . Also some one on the registry may have an extra part you may need . In general you will be able to talk to others with the same vehicle with views of good points and otherwise . Mostly it cost only the time spent of witch you have full control . John Alexander is the fellow to get in contact with . Hope this helps and is in my opinion .

Old Fart

FlatheadGeo
10-18-2017, 10:42 AM
old fart,

Is my 57 Champion on the list? FlatheadGeo (George Vikos)

Thank you.

LovelandJoe
10-18-2017, 10:59 AM
The GT Hawk registry isn't working. Barry said his computer was hacked. He lost all info he has gathered of the past years
Does anyone have printed copies that can be a starting point?

old fart
10-18-2017, 05:00 PM
FlatheadGeo

Contact Dave Gahlbeck at studedavesregistry@sbcglobal.net and he will be glad to help you out

Old Fart

old fart
10-18-2017, 08:18 PM
Hi Again Folks :;

We still have several openings for managers . Another one that surprises me being empty is the 64-66 Sedans excluding 65 & 66 Sport sedans and 64-66 Cruisers . Is there anyone out there willing to help out ? Just email me as did tim333 did . not4u@nlis.ca will get me . Thanks

Old Fart