PDA

View Full Version : Studebaker Employee

studegary
10-07-2017, 09:29 PM
Today. I went to four different places/events. I was wearing a shirt with "Studebaker" in large letters across the top. Below that were color pictures of six different models of Studebakers. Even at a car show, no one made a mention of Studebaker to me. There was one exception. At a church event in a nearby town, a lady came up to me and said that her father worked for Studebaker. This usually means that they worked at a dealership and not really for Studebaker. This wasn't the case this time. She was born in South Bend and her father worked at the factory there. I asked what her father did. I believe that she said that he worked in accounting. I said that he probably worked in the Administration Building and that is one of the only Studebaker factory buildings still standing. She said that she doesn't go back to South Bend. I told her about the Studebaker National Museum. Her father worked for Studebaker in late 1950s - early 1960s. I got his name as Lee Frederich (not sure of spelling).

Commander Eddie
10-07-2017, 10:48 PM
Wow! I was coming home from work this past week in my '55 President when a young guy pulled along side me at a light and said he really liked my Studebaker. He then shouted out that he is originally from South Bend and his grandfather worked for Studebaker. The light turned green and that ended the conversation. I hope I encounter him again so I can learn more.
Gary, your story seems quite a coincidence. There is still a living breathing connection out there with Studebaker, some Forum members not withstanding.