Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 49 Ford Studebaker Woody?

What?, not mine. https://corpuschristi.craigslist.org...332442607.html

All I have to say is WE (Studebaker fans) have come a long way if dealers are beginning to use the word "STUDEBAKER" in an effort to associate and enhance the value of a Ford!!!

Additional comment...I'd like to know the date code of those wide yellow wall tires, and the details, to quote the seller..."Wood has been Revarnished"...like the process, UV resistance, and all the other steps required to keep that stuff from cracking and flaking off to the ground.
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

It's $59,500 FYI, but I love this little guy. It needs wood work in several places but where you going to find another one. I'd like to own it but way out of my price range. Hell! you could put an Avanti powered badge on the fender and listen to the experts talk about it all day. Bob

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
        All I have to say is WE (Studebaker fans) have come a long way if dealers are beginning to use the word "STUDEBAKER" in an effort to associate and enhance the value of a Ford!!!

Additional comment...I'd like to know the date code of those wide yellow wall tires, and the details, to quote the seller..."Wood has been Revarnished"...like the process, UV resistance, and all the other steps required to keep that stuff from cracking and flaking off to the ground.

The yellow walls look like Port a walls. There is no raised ridge at the edge of the "white".

Comment

Ford/Studebaker?

To advertise it as a Ford/Studebaker you would at least need a Stude. V8 under the hood!

I don't think the "almost" a Bullet Nose look quite does it!
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I see a GM alternator-maybe it's a GM Ford Studebaker.
            Oglesby,Il.

Comment

I like this “Studebaker” as well. Likewise much too far out of my price range!
              Always had a soft spot for those wooden station wagons. My Aunt Margaret had a 1941 Plymouth wagon and would drive us around letting us sit on the folded down tailgate!
              Could you imagine that happening today!
              They were slower, calmer, and less populated times!
              sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
              Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
              "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

heres a fantastic Buick WoodyI got to see this summer. a 20 year restoration by the owner.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	buick66,74 eldo59 ply 053.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	153.3 KB
ID:	1716705Click image for larger version

Name:	buick66,74 eldo59 ply 054.jpg
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	1716706Click image for larger version

Name:	buick66,74 eldo59 ply 057.jpg
Size:	104.8 KB
ID:	1716707

Comment

Originally posted by avanti-hawk View Post
                  heres a fantastic Buick WoodyI got to see this summer. a 20 year restoration by the owner.
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]67616[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]67617[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]67618[/ATTACH]
                  Did he sell that car recently? I think that car is sitting in my friends garage.
                  sals54

Comment

No he hasn't yet. But it is for sale thru word of mouth, not advertised. Owner is a dedicated Buick restorer. This is his personal car. A RoadMaster 90 series Click image for larger version

Name:	buick66,74 eldo59 ply 056.jpg
Size:	106.5 KB
ID:	1716711Click image for larger version

Name:	buick66,74 eldo59 ply 059.jpg
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	1716712It's an exceptional car, more a work of craftsmanship. Much rarer than Ford,Chrysler or Mercury woodies. More inline with the Packards

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                      To advertise it as a Ford/Studebaker you would at least need a Stude. V8 under the hood!

I don't think the "almost" a Bullet Nose look quite does it!
                      I heard Studebaker used Ford Bullet nose's and that's why Studebaker also used Ford 289s. Oh the madness...

Comment

Working...
                      X