Switches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical: Switches

My Sky Hawk has two-position switches for wipers and dash lights but only work on one. Why?
    peter lee

Test each switch with a VOM and go from there.each switch may have 2 small holes on either side of center stem. a good place to spray lube. Luck Doofus

Comment

If they only work on High (UP) then the Resister on the Terminals to slow the motor, may be burned out, broken, or disconnected.
      If the Instrument Light switch is working on High, I would not fool with it as I have never needed Dimmer lights, only BRIGHTER!

If High does not work, the problem can only be Internal in the switch contacts, unless the exterior terminals are corroded, disconnected etc.
      If you are super careful you MIGHT be able to take the switch apart and clean and dry the contacts of grease installed when New, but NOT on the actual Contacts and repair it, otherwise a New Studebaker Vendor Switch is in order.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

You may find the wiper motor has been swapped with a substitute, that will only work on one speed in your car. I have seen that several times. People replaced with whatever was available at the time. I have an NOS wiper motor for the 63GT, in the round-2-it bin. For dash lights and wipers, I seldom use any other than high setting anyway. I usually just leave the dash light switch in the high position, so it comes on automatically with the head lights. Cannot recall the last time I have even touched that switch.

Comment

Working...
        X