1955 Speedster and 1955 truck ads from Studebaker News - quite impressive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1955 Speedster and 1955 truck ads from Studebaker News - quite impressive

Copies of the Studebaker News dealer paper are relatively scarce. They were, however, one of the best sources of Studebaker information that the company issued. Occasionally they would carry some pretty impressive ads in their centerfold. Since most people would not have access to these I thought I would post a few samples from 1955. These are impressive partly due to their size which is approx 15 X 22" but also for their general composition which was not carried over to any of their ads to the general public. Below I am posting one showing the truck line (colorized) and the second the Speedster. I had a few of these printed out on special heavyweight satin paper for friends and they were pretty impressed so thought I would offer them to anyone on the forum. Price is $25 plus postage. They look especially nice framed. Could provide other sizes if desired. Clarity is outstanding. <rtq11@aol.com>

Click image for larger version

Name:	55 truck ad color best labeled.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	143.6 KB
ID:	1755829Click image for larger version

Name:	news centerfold complete labeled.jpg
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	1755830
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Richard , I am lucky to have the speedster ad and it is truly a wonderful piece to have framed and show with my speedster \
    should you have any unusual speedster ads or photos please send me what you have if for sale
    Maybe see you at Hershey next week
    Joe

Joe Parsons

Comment

Here are some other large format Speedster ads I have. Were you aware that there was also a factory offered T-shirt for the Speedster? Have the ad and artwork that I will post when I find it.

Name:	55 speedster final labeled.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	145.8 KB
ID:	1716632Click image for larger version

Name:	center fold copy.jpg
Size:	139.2 KB
ID:	1716633Click image for larger version

Name:	b-w ad colorized copy.jpg
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	1716635
      Attached Files
      Richard Quinn

Comment

Interested to see the T shirt art work from 55. I don't remember advertising shirts from that time. Come to think of it there are a lot of things I don't remember from the 50s.
        Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
        50 Champion 2 door*
        53 Commander K Auto*
        53 Commander K overdrive*
        55 President Speedster
        62 GT 4Speed*
        63 Avanti R1*
        64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

Richard , can't believe there was a factory t shirt for the speedster hope you can find the material on it and please send me an email
          Joebetsy6@gmail.com
          thanks , Joe

Joe Parsons

Comment

Believe it Joe! Here is the flyer issued for the Speedster T shirt in 1955. I do have artwork for it that I did many years ago. To make it like the original you would need a dealer name and address at bottom. Of course color and detail can be altered.

Name:	t shirt2 labeled.jpg
Size:	124.9 KB
ID:	1716642Click image for larger version

Name:	t shirt2 copy labeled.jpg
Size:	188.2 KB
ID:	1716643
            Last edited by Studebaker Wheel; 10-01-2017, 03:07 PM.
            Richard Quinn

Comment

Working...
            X