After 7 year restoration, the '55 State Sedan made its first show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After 7 year restoration, the '55 State Sedan made its first show

I wanted to let the forum members know that my 1955 President State Sedan was driven to the Branson Orphan Car Show earlier this month. You guys have provided me so much information and advice over the past few years. It was a 500 mile round trip from Tulsa. I thought the car was vapor locking but now feel it was a dirty fuel filter that was causing the problem. I wanted to experience driving the '55 much like it would have come from the dealer. It drove out pretty nice and several people at the show were very kind with their compliments.

Charlie D.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0344.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	180.8 KB
ID:	1755771Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0346.JPG
Size:	180.9 KB
ID:	1755772Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170911-152250.jpg
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	1755773Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20170906_085123(1).jpg
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	1755774

Mighty nice looking car sir, congrats !

Comment

That is certainly a handsome Studebaker. Congratulations.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
      MELBOURNE.

Comment

Very nice indeed; congratulations. It's not often we see a restored first-series, first two-tone, straight windshield '55 President in that condition.

Nice car; well done. Best. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Ya done good, Charlie!
          The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Congratulations! Looks terrific! Apparently, you adjusted well to the challenge of a long term project (lots of us have been there).

The next challenge will be to adjust, and deal with the ongoing challenge of protecting, and maintaining it, without being too uptight to enjoy it.

Best wishes to you for many more years of Studebaker enjoyment.
            John Clary
            Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Congratulations! Time to enjoy the fruits of your labor.
              Dwight 54 Commander hardtop

Comment

Your car looks really good. Same colour scheme as mine. I see that your car is the first series '55 mine is the second series.
                sigpic
                55 President Deluxe
                64 Commander
                66 Cruiser

37 Oldsmobile F37 4 Door

Comment

Well now THAT's a nice sedan ! ! !
                  Any interior & engine -pictures?

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Thanks for the pictures, Charlie, well done and Bravo Zulus.
                      Now you have to enjoy driving it. Any teething problems will be cured soon enough.
                      Some pictures of the interior would be nice.

Comment

Hi Charlie D

Congratulations and good for you on selecting a Y-Body President for restoration. These long wheelbase top-of-the-line sedans are too rarely seen at even Studebaker gatherings. You have a '55 President State of which to be very proud.

Steve

Comment

Congrats!

Looks great! A nice find would be a 1955 Oklahoma Y.O.M. plate for that 'finishing touch'!

Craig

Comment

She looks to be in ship shape. She's pasted her sea trials. That makes you a plankowner.

Comment

Great job Charlie!!
                              Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
                              '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
                              '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
                              '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

Comment

Working...
                              X