Cars personalities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cars personalities

Over the years I have become more and more aware that cars have characters. Some of my cars just start right up and seem to say" Oh boy, where are we going today" Some other require a repair but even before you can fix problem "A" it will require "B" and "C" repairs. They malfunction faster than they can be repaired and you don't want to try to go any where without a AAA card and good walking shoes. They are lazy, depressed and downright churlish. They have personalities that result in their being avoided in favor of a more accomodating and less worrisome ride.

Yep, I could write a THICK book about this...

Comment

Anybody that has seen the Love Bug knows that cars have characters. Some cars seem to prefer one driver over another, also. Old age might have something to do with their lack of ambition and grumpiness at times.
      Tom Senecal Not enough money or years to build all of the Studebakers that I think I can.

Comment

Hmmmmm. a Plymouth named Christine comes to mind.
        I have found that classics parked side by side in the garage communicate. If one gets a new part, the next one will want one too and the chain reactions starts.
        sigpic1966 Daytona (The First One)
        1950 Champion Convertible
        1950 Champion 4Dr
        1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
        1957 Thunderbird

Comment

When one of my cars has something wrong with it, it's like a virus. All of them come down with the same malady. Right now, I have three with fuel pump/gasoline problems. I try to keep non-ethanol fuel in them, but it is not always available.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffry Cassel View Post
            Over the years I have become more and more aware that cars have characters. Some of my cars just start right up and seem to say" Oh boy, where are we going today" Some other require a repair but even before you can fix problem "A" it will require "B" and "C" repairs. They malfunction faster than they can be repaired and you don't want to try to go any where without a AAA card and good walking shoes. They are lazy, depressed and downright churlish. They have personalities that result in their being avoided in favor of a more accomodating and less worrisome ride.
            I think this condition or situation only applies to Newer Cars with a thousand Electronic "Gizmos" and Sensors to fail.

Or it would also apply to a Classic Car like an old Studebaker that has yet to have ALL of it's age affected components to be replaced with New.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
            X