Robin and Neil Loughlin PSMCDR report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robin and Neil Loughlin PSMCDR report

We got this from Neil Laughlin. Neil and Robin had their 1964 Daytona 289 four speed at the PSMCDR, with Robin as the driver and Neil as the crew. This was the first time Robin has raced in the Pure Stock Drags. She did a fantastic job and won her Shootout, that got her an invitation to the bracket race. This race you run eliminations on your qualifying time and each pair is a handicapped start. All the racers invited are shootout winners.
    Here is Neil's report.
    Great job Robin and Neil!!
    Richard and Rose Poe

"Hi Guys,

We just got home and wanted to give a quick update on the bracket race.

20 cars were entered.* Robin beat a 73 Firebird Formula 455 in the first round when he red lighted. *10 cars remaining.* She beat a 6.6l TA in 2nd round.. *5 cars left.* She beat a 70 GTO Judge in the 3rd round.* He went under his qualifying time and lost. *3 cars remaining.* Robin got a by run on the 4th round for her 0.163 reaction time on the previous run. *2 cars remaining (finals).* She lost to a Plymouth Duster in the finals.* They both ran under their qualifying times but he was closer to his than Robin was.* She lost because she was too fast!* He did get to the finish line before her by 0.1053 sec.* Very close. *

So she was the only Stude in the bracket race and made it to the final round.* She was bummed she didn't win the big trophy but the last race was so close and she ran her best ET for the weekend.* Too bad it was that round.

Great crowd reaction for her wins. *

Thanks everyone for all the help and advice.* She really appreciated it.

I'll forward photos when I get them off the cameras.

Neil (crew chief for Robin Loughlin Racing)*"
    Last edited by 63larkr1; 09-20-2017, 09:27 AM.
    The annual all Studebaker Nationals and Orphan Car Drag Race is Saturday May 27th 2017 9:00 am at Brown County Dragway in Bean Blossom, Indiana. "Studebaker Drag Racing you can't beat it" For more information contact Richard Poe

Thanks, Rich. With everything going on about my Father's passing and the funeral being the Monday before the Pure Stock Drags, I've been remiss in getting a 2017 PSMCDR Report up on the Stude Racing Forum, with a link here. I'll get to that today!

Thanks for the reminder. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Thanks Neal for sharing, we had to leave and missed the bracket races but my guess was that Robin had a very good chance to win. She really handled the little 289 like a pro............Bob
      Candbstudebakers
      Castro Valley,
      California

Comment

This is really good for you guys and Studebaker, but I still do not like bracket racing.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Robin won in the Heads Up race and was runner-up in the Bracket race! I'm amazed at her skill, this was her first time out!
          So whichever kind of racing you like, she's a winner.
          Richard
          The annual all Studebaker Nationals and Orphan Car Drag Race is Saturday May 27th 2017 9:00 am at Brown County Dragway in Bean Blossom, Indiana. "Studebaker Drag Racing you can't beat it" For more information contact Richard Poe

Comment

Expanded report on the whole event here:

BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
              This is really good for you guys and Studebaker, but I still do not like bracket racing.
              The PSMCDR is a heads up race. Robin ran a heads-up three race shootout against a 1971 Buick GS 350 Stage 1, winning 2 of three. This got her an invitation the bracket race.
              Richard

Comment

I was in no way making light of Robin's accomplishments. I was just giving my opinion on bracket racing.
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I didn't think you were, I don't like bracket racing either, mainly because I'm really bad at it.
                  Richard

Comment

Working...
                  X