57 packard wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 57 packard wagon

There is a 57 packard wagon on ebay. Any thoughts on this car? Please critique, pros and cons of buying this one.

Don: Nothing in the listing states the car has its complete, original, supercharged engine...nor are there any photos of the engine compartment to confirm or refute that.

If you are seriously interested in buying the car, you must verify that status. If it indeed has the complete, orginal engine (including supercharger setup), it is worth at least the opening bid of $1,000, even if both the engine and supercharger are stuck.

I note what appears to be a black California license plate on the rear, adding to the value, if I'm not mistaken. Others will hopefully post additional observations for you. [8D] BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Don: Nothing in the listing states the car has its complete, original, supercharged engine...nor are there any photos of the engine compartment to confirm or refute that.

If you are seriously interested in buying the car, you must verify that status. If it indeed has the complete, orginal engine (including supercharger setup), it is worth at least the opening bid of $1,000, even if both the engine and supercharger are stuck.

I note what appears to be a black California license plate on the rear, adding to the value, if I'm not mistaken. Others will hopefully post additional observations for you. [8D] BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Interesting, wonder why no pictures of right side? would make a good project. Hope someone brings her back! Hop.

Comment

Interesting, wonder why no pictures of right side? would make a good project. Hope someone brings her back! Hop.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by BobPalma

I note what appears to be a black California license plate on the rear, adding to the value

Interesting point. Having lived in California for quite a few years, I've never given that any thought. Do others feel the same? Why is it that you feel it would add value? Less chance of rust? Do Arizona plates give a car a similar "bump"?

Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by BobPalma

I note what appears to be a black California license plate on the rear, adding to the value

Interesting point. Having lived in California for quite a few years, I've never given that any thought. Do others feel the same? Why is it that you feel it would add value? Less chance of rust? Do Arizona plates give a car a similar "bump"?

Dick Steinkamp
              Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp
                Why is it that you feel it would add value? Less chance of rust? Do Arizona plates give a car a similar "bump"?
                Dick,

Perhaps Bob was thinking this plate may have value given that California is going to allow the use of YOM plates?

Gary

http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp
                  Why is it that you feel it would add value? Less chance of rust? Do Arizona plates give a car a similar "bump"?
                  Dick,

Perhaps Bob was thinking this plate may have value given that California is going to allow the use of YOM plates?

Gary

http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

After buying a rusted 56 wagon for cheap. Here is my 2 cents. If the floors are solid and the body has very little rust it is a good purchase at $1500.00. I base this on going out and buying a $300.00 rust bucket and replacing floors,doors,fenders,rockers>>>>> you get my drift. The value is going to be different for everyone. As far as drivetrain ,agian the more there the better the price. I have seen to many buyers under value a quality starter car and over value there willingness and skills to repair one. This may sound crazy but I enjoy the challanges so rust buckets are my favorites. And before everyone e-mails on rust buckets they have for sale I am out of the market at this time. I love my wagon and hope someone can get this one back on the road. Good Luck.
                    The battery location is interesting. Must have some long cables!

1956 Studebaker Pelham Wagon Houston, Texas
                    Remember, \"When all is said and done. More is always said then ever done.\"

Comment

After buying a rusted 56 wagon for cheap. Here is my 2 cents. If the floors are solid and the body has very little rust it is a good purchase at $1500.00. I base this on going out and buying a $300.00 rust bucket and replacing floors,doors,fenders,rockers>>>>> you get my drift. The value is going to be different for everyone. As far as drivetrain ,agian the more there the better the price. I have seen to many buyers under value a quality starter car and over value there willingness and skills to repair one. This may sound crazy but I enjoy the challanges so rust buckets are my favorites. And before everyone e-mails on rust buckets they have for sale I am out of the market at this time. I love my wagon and hope someone can get this one back on the road. Good Luck.
                      The battery location is interesting. Must have some long cables!

1956 Studebaker Pelham Wagon Houston, Texas
                      Remember, \"When all is said and done. More is always said then ever done.\"

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Guido

The California YOM plate for a 57 car would be a black on yellow plate issued through '61.

Folks do talk about "black plate car" (no matter what year), so it must mean something to somebody. Just curious what it means and if it does add value for some reason.

Dick Steinkamp
                        Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Guido

The California YOM plate for a 57 car would be a black on yellow plate issued through '61.

Folks do talk about "black plate car" (no matter what year), so it must mean something to somebody. Just curious what it means and if it does add value for some reason.

Dick Steinkamp
                          Bellingham, WA

Comment

Working...
                          X