Mini National on The East?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mini National on The East?

Hey the big National is on the West Coast in 2018, and it should be...it needs to move around. The Studie folks up in New England are putting on a Zone Meet June 29-July 1st 2018 at the Holiday Inn Enfield CT. put on by the Nutmeg Chapter. I joined their chapter along with the Atlantic Zone awhile back so I think I can plug this meet.

Imagine if we all who are looking for a summer event, but can't make the National Meet, made this meet a mini national. I'm going. Let's set this thing in motion.

Update: 9-16-17: I didn't join the Nutmeg Chapter, I joined the one Paul Schuffleberg belongs to (which I forget what I did). So if those in the Nutmeg Chapter
    think I'm nuts you're right. But I still am plugging your meet.
    Last edited by jg61hawk; 09-16-2017, 07:17 AM.

I see you got just as many inquiries or replies as I did to our IDYSD post , Ed

Comment

Wait.....sounds like a 'fine idea Ed, not just one from those in Jersey.
      Bill Foy
      1000 Islands, Ontario
      1953 Starlight Coupe

Comment

Bill, Its a great idea and we will probably attend and the idea did come from a N.J. member But the local chapters in N.J. need help getting members active and involved. Do you know how many zone and International meets I've gone to over the years to see many N.J. people there. But they do not get involved with the local chapters, Just call me "Just venting again Ed"

Comment

I like the idea.
          Steve Grant
          madd_doodler@yahoo.com
          a.k.a. the Madd Doodler
          www.madddoodler.com
          Kinzua Region Chapter
          1881 Grain Wagon
          Late 1800s Spindle Seat Buggy
          1955 Conestoga
          1959 Lark 2 dr sdn

Comment

Sounds like a VERY good idea. We would seriously consider attending, from PA. stupak

Comment

There was a time when AOAI had a "Western States Meet" annually...(I was the Chairman for the one in '77 here in Stockton)....don't recall if there was also an "Eastern States Meet".
              Lou Van Anne
              62 Champ
              64 R2 GT Hawk
              79 Avanti II

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Van Anne View Post
                There was a time when AOAI had a "Western States Meet" annually...(I was the Chairman for the one in '77 here in Stockton)....don't recall if there was also an "Eastern States Meet".
                Yes Lou,
                There was a joint AOAI Eastern States Meet and SDC Atlantic Zone Meet that I chaired, held in Strasburg Pa. in June 1992. I no longer belong to the AOAI, so I don't know if they still hold ESM's.
                JS
                I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

Guys you all have great ideas and an Atlantic Zone meet is a fantastic idea as it would act as a great mini International meet. The last one held was in 2011 and it was an AOAI International and an Atlantic Zone meet with over 300 cars present. The problem is a complex one as it takes a Chapter to sponsor the meet and then a team of workers to make it happen. Do we have any volunteers/Chapter to host it. Ed, Jim and I know what it takes to run one of these so who wants to be next and get their chapter to sponsor it?
                  sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Hi Don , Please read my IDYSD posts and post 4 in this thread , There is nobody left , Our past monthly meetings have come down to 4 or 5 members , Ed

Comment

Originally posted by jts359 View Post
                      Hi Don , Please read my IDYSD posts and post 4 in this thread , There is nobody left , Our past monthly meetings have come down to 4 or 5 members , Ed
                      Are we a club in decline....?
                      Lou Van Anne
                      62 Champ
                      64 R2 GT Hawk
                      79 Avanti II

Comment

This reminds me of another life I had riding Harley's a hundred years ago. Every year it was gear up and go to Sturgis for Bike Week.
                        Nearly every area of the country held a local event during that week and it was, with much humor, called: To broke to go to Sturgis week.
                        Time, distance and resources dictate what we can and can not do most of the time.
                        Having a casual get-to-gather in other areas is not a bad idea. Call it, again with much humor, The CASO International, or some such thing.
                        We will miss next years International event in Washington too, due to it falling on the weekend of our 50th wedding anniversary and the wedding of our grand daughter, who graciously asked if it would be OK if they got married on August 31st, our anniversary.
                        We will be in Las Vegas, baby, having a grand ole party......lol
                        sigpic1966 Daytona (The First One)
                        1950 Champion Convertible
                        1950 Champion 4Dr
                        1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
                        1957 Thunderbird

Comment

After thinking about it....aren't Zone Meets kinda like mini national meets?
                          Lou Van Anne
                          62 Champ
                          64 R2 GT Hawk
                          79 Avanti II

Comment

Guys you all have great ideas and an Atlantic Zone meet is a fantastic idea as it would act as a great mini International meet.

But my point was the work is already done! The Nutmeg Chapter has already set a Zone Meet up, and the location is easy for all. Location, hotel and dates all done. Just attend.

As for the possible declining interest...I just don't have an ability at this time to commit to something more. I appreciate the work Ed and Laura Jones have done in New Jersey and it's beyond me why the Beachwood meet wasn't wildly attended. Those who missed that missed a great day by the water with a great view and fun, food and cars. I've been to the South Jersey Meet, the Long Island Meet, New England Meets and Nationals along the East Coast. Hopefully in 4 years I can fully retire from all work and really participate in the club.

Comment

Ed, I've read your posts and know the frustrations you feel. I know that's why there was no Tom's River meet last year and this as well. We face the same thing on the national level and don't know what the future will bring after 2019 in Mansfield OH. There are no chapters in the Atlantic Zone who will under take the task of a Zone meet with the primary problem being manpower. Most chapters no longer produce newsletters in the AZ as membership is waning. I'll read the rest of your posts.
                              sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Working...
                              X