Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1964 Headliner Perforated or Black Dots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1964 Headliner Perforated or Black Dots?

I have a 1964 Lark hardtop. The original headliner is vinyl with black dots painted on.

I have been told by two reliable sources that the factory had two different headliner suppliers in 1964 and that the assembly line installed both types. What type of headliner do you have? Can someone please verify that either headliner would be factory correct? Thanks.

I've seen nothing but black dots so far. Not a small deal since the dots add $60 to the headliner cost from my supplier.

JDP/Maryland
    63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
    spent to date $54664,75
    64 R2 GT (Sid)
    spent to date $62,839.60
    63 Lark 2 door
    51 Commander
    39 Coupe express
    39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

I've seen nothing but black dots so far. Not a small deal since the dots add $60 to the headliner cost from my supplier.

JDP/Maryland
      63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
      spent to date $54664,75
      64 R2 GT (Sid)
      spent to date $62,839.60
      63 Lark 2 door
      51 Commander
      39 Coupe express
      39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

Black dots for sure. Perforated went out in 1962, I believe.
        "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Black dots for sure. Perforated went out in 1962, I believe.
          "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

No, 63 was perforated too.

JDP/Maryland
            63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
            spent to date $54664,75
            64 R2 GT (Sid)
            spent to date $62,839.60
            63 Lark 2 door
            51 Commander
            39 Coupe express
            39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

No, 63 was perforated too.

JDP/Maryland
              63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
              spent to date $54664,75
              64 R2 GT (Sid)
              spent to date $62,839.60
              63 Lark 2 door
              51 Commander
              39 Coupe express
              39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

It was Dennis and Dave from SASCO that said both were installed in 1964. They are knowledgable but I wanted to make sure.

I have a Phantom repro headliner that's perforated and what's in the car has black dots. Before going to the trouble to install it, I wanted to make sure that perforated was correct also.

Comment

It was Dennis and Dave from SASCO that said both were installed in 1964. They are knowledgable but I wanted to make sure.

I have a Phantom repro headliner that's perforated and what's in the car has black dots. Before going to the trouble to install it, I wanted to make sure that perforated was correct also.

Comment

Too bad this isn't the Corvette crowd, or someone would post exactly how many dots are to appear! [:0]
                    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Too bad this isn't the Corvette crowd, or someone would post exactly how many dots are to appear! [:0]
                      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Well it is my understanding, that in 64, the printed dots where correct for a 64 Hawk. But if you like the look of the perforated, I would install that and be done with it. Nobody would really notice anyway, except some judge just looking for something.
                        Malcom

Comment

Well it is my understanding, that in 64, the printed dots where correct for a 64 Hawk. But if you like the look of the perforated, I would install that and be done with it. Nobody would really notice anyway, except some judge just looking for something.
                          Malcom

Comment

After reading this, I'm gonna have to go and see if the headliner in my granddad's '65 Daytona has painted dots. [)]

I know the NOS one for my '63 is perforated.

Matthew Burnette
                            '59 Scotsman
                            '63 Daytona
                            Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

After reading this, I'm gonna have to go and see if the headliner in my granddad's '65 Daytona has painted dots. [)]

I know the NOS one for my '63 is perforated.

Matthew Burnette
                              '59 Scotsman
                              '63 Daytona
                              Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Working...
                              X