Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Studebaker/Packard Two Part Radiator Cleaner...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker/Packard Two Part Radiator Cleaner...

Is there a difference in value as whether they're empty of original with product?

TIA

Should be a bit more with the Contents in tact, and unused.

These are probably NOT great for long term display and storage FULL, due the the Acid content in the cleaner portion and even the "Neutralizer" Soda for the rinse is also corrosive enough to possibly eat through the Can over time.

I have heard of people actually USING this Cooling System Cleaner as I have, after 50 or more years though!

Many long time SDC'ers have piles or CASES of it from the Good O'l SASCO Days, so really not too rare, at least to SOME Members.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
      Should be a bit more with the Contents in tact, and unused.

These are probably NOT great for long term display and storage FULL, due the the Acid content in the cleaner portion and even the "Neutralizer" Soda for the rinse is also corrosive enough to possibly eat through the Can over time.

I have heard of people actually USING this Cooling System Cleaner as I have, after 50 or more years though!

Many long time SDC'ers have piles or CASES of it from the Good O'l SASCO Days, so really not too rare, at least to SOME Members.

I bought a couple of cases from JP fifteen or twenty years ago and came across them today. I loved the old non-PC stuff as it really worked. The cases stored well and yes, I guess that I'll sell some of 'em to folks who know how well that stuff works.

Comment

I actually need a bit of that stuff as my '52 Champion has somewhat of a plugged radiator-- gets hot on longer freeway drives. Anyone willing to sell me a bit of it?
        1950 Commander Land Cruiser
        1951 Champion Business Coupe
        1951 Commander Starlight
        1952 Champion 2Dr. Sedan
        1953 Champion Starlight
        1953 Commander Starliner
        1953 2R5
        1956 Golden Hawk Jet Streak
        1957 Silver Hawk
        1957 3E5 Pick-Up
        1959 Silver Hawk
        1961 Hawk
        1962 Cruiser 4 speed
        1963 Daytona Convertible
        1964 Daytona R2 4 speed
        1965 Cruiser
        1970 Avanti

Comment

Oxalic acid (cleaner), baking soda (neutralizer). Oxalic acid crystals available as wood bleach...

Comment

Working...
          X