Early Avanti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early Avanti

I have been watching a decaying Avanti for about 10 years. Slowly wasting away. Donot know VIN, body number is 218, Engine number 1005, Can an expert tell me where it was sent new, just curious, probably not restorable, really rough . R1 , powershift, AC....Owner thinks it is a GOLDMINE !...so there it will probably Sit

God only knows how many Avanti's (as well as other neat cars) have fallen victim to this same scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Sal View Post
      God only knows how many Avanti's (as well as other neat cars) have fallen victim to this same scenario.
      You might consider offering to help the owner sell it. Explain, "There are only two reasons a car doesn't sell. It's not well and widely offered or the price is too high. Let's find out which. I'll put it out to the Studebaker Drivers Club and you put it on craigslist" Once he doesn't get any takers at his 'gold mine' asking, he might be open to realistic offers.

jack vines
      PackardV8

Comment

Heck, if you know his phone number just list some pix of the car on CL without his knowledge and let him field all the phone calls.
        The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

i hope reality sets in , and i can bring it to my barn, outside now for many years,,,,the steering wheel is crushed, to give an idea of condition...i was told one of those TV car shows was called....they passed ! if i can figure out pics, i have some

Comment

Body #218 is a pretty early one / 63RQ216 is R-1047 and 63RQ220 is R-1049 / I bet the car is white.
            64 GT Hawk (K7)
            1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

it is Turquoise

Comment

Deleted message

Comment

Working...
                X