Nos side trim/molding??? Need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nos side trim/molding??? Need help

I have spent the day getting parts ready for a meet. I have discovered a couple of side moldings in original paper sleeves. The part # is 1321002. I don't see that listed in the SI Ccatalog..Since these parts were found with '63/64 parts, I suspect they fit those years. I don't have a parts manual that new. Any body able to help identify? Thanks.
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

John, '64 would probably be in the 136xxxx range. Found this on a Google search at Steven Allens:. P/n 1321002 Front fender: All 1957 sedans & wagons except Packard (2 per car)
    Paul
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
    Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

John 1321002 is not in the '59-'64 Body Parts Catalog Part Number Index/listing. If you measured it's Length we could tell if it is Front Fender, 2 Door or 4 Door Front Door, Rear Door or 2 or 4 Door Rear Fender.

I suspect it is (or was) a Moulding Kit with fasteners.

Can you tell if it is the Wider Aluminum '64-'66 Daytona/Cruiser Type with either 2 narrow Black Stripes or one wider Center Black stripe, OR just a Stainless narrower Type for a '64 Commander (Flat) or even the curved top to bottom '63 Type?
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
        I have spent the day getting parts ready for a meet. I have discovered a couple of side moldings in original paper sleeves. The part # is 1321002. I don't see that listed in the SI Ccatalog..Since these parts were found with '63/64 parts, I suspect they fit those years. I don't have a parts manual that new. Any body able to help identify? Thanks.
        Hi John,
        The mldgs you have are listed in the S.I. catalog, page 134, and are front fender side mldgs that fit either side of all 57 Studes except Hawks. Hope this helps.
        Dave

Comment

Originally posted by 58L-J8 Guy View Post
          Hi John,
          The mldgs you have are listed in the S.I. catalog, page 134, and are front fender side mldgs that fit either side of all 57 Studes except Hawks. Hope this helps.
          Dave
          Thanks a lot Dave! Apparently, I did not look in the right place in the catalog. I'm gonna blame it on fatigue.

So, '57 Studebaker it is ('cept Hawks). That means I have a set of the front fender moldings. If I remember to bring them, they will be offered at the Tri-State meet in Maggie Valley NC. If you pick them up there, the shipping is awfully cheap!
          Last edited by jclary; 09-02-2017, 05:42 PM.
          John Clary
          Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
            Thanks a lot Dave! Apparently, I did not look in the right place in the catalog. I'm gonna blame it on fatigue.

So, '57 Studebaker & Packard it is ('cept Hawks). That means I have a set of the front fender moldings. If I remember to bring them, they will be offered at the Tri-State meet in Maggie Valley NC. If you pick them up there, the shipping is awfully cheap!
            Not the '57 Packards. The moldings are different on them. Check my avatar, it's my '57 Packard wagon. The side moldings are much wider than on the Studebakers.
            Chip
            '63 Cruiser
            '57 Packard wagon
            '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
            '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

NO, NOT Packard per post #2.

Time for Bed Johnny!!!
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                NO, NOT Packard per post #2.

Time for Bed Johnny!!!
                You are so right! I went back & edited my post. And, yeah...I'm still fatigued.
                John Clary
                Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

John, your new 'signature' picture of your truck...............maybe it's my computer doing it, but instead of green the truck looks blue. Actually a very nice looking blue .
                  Paul
                  Winston-Salem, NC
                  Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
                  Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

I can assure you it is not your computer. Nor is it the actual color. The pic was taken by my wife's cousin. I had driven over to their house to pick up a bag of grain her husband had mistakenly bought for a wildlife feeder.

Somehow, he claimed it was not what he wanted, and gave it to me for my chickens & goats. Her cousin took the pics, & her husband monkeyed with the pics before sending them to us. I'll keep this one up for awhile & change it later.
                    John Clary
                    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Working...
                    X