hood hinges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: hood hinges

Hi friends. Can someone give me some info on hood hinge spring installation? I have purchased a set of new springs from SI to replace the missing ones on my '54 coupe. Am I correct in assuming that the shorter, fatter one connects from the lower point on the rear arm to the bathtub shaped bracket welded to the body, under the fender and in front of the vent air intake? If that is the case then the longer thinner one must connect from the upper point on the same arm to a spring bracket on the inside of the inner fender? I need a location for that front mount because all of the multitudes of drilled holes on my inner fenders were welded up by the body shop. A photo showing that location would be great.
    Thanks very much in advance.

Dennis, here is a picture of the attaching bracket (and where it goes on the inner fender) for the hood spring
    Click image for larger version

Name:	To show hood spring attachment bracket.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	1716175
    Last edited by brngarage; 09-01-2017, 01:50 PM.
    Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
    '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
    '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
    '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

Comment

This may help too, there appears to be a bracket on the inner fender that the spring attaches to.Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06870.JPG
Size:	136.1 KB
ID:	1716176Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06872.JPG
Size:	124.4 KB
ID:	1716177

Comment

Thank you both. That really helps.

Comment

Working...