• Show
Clear All

• 30" of Rain in 3 1/2 days, sliding roof Wagonaire outside, still dry

Click image for larger version

Name:	Wagonaire2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	1755580
    I have driven this Wagonaire in some pretty hard rains in the past with no leaks but when I found she had to stay in the driveway during the recent visit from Harvey I was sure I was going to have some wet carpet at the least when it was over. Today I worked in the driveway clearing some of the "stuff" Harvey left behind and before I started I opened all the doors and put the back window down a little to let the Wagonaire dry out. Once everything was open I began to look & feel for the wet spots. I finally found two spots about the size of a silver dollar on the carpet below the front door hinges on both sides. That was it.

I don't know if the seals on the roof are original (doubtful since it just turned 102,000) or the PO installed them but however they got there but I am amazed. I guess, if done right, they can stay dry in a rain storm. The rain was blowing at a steady 45 degree angle with gusts making it parallel with the ground at times. We know we had 30" but at times the gauge had overflowed before being checked.

We are blessed with only minor damage from both wind & water. So many hurt so bad.
    Nick

Now the question everyone is asking. Does it float? Glad you made it though without much damage. Praying for everyone in Texas.

Comment

My Wagonaire stays dry until the first time I hit the brakes.
      Then I get a quick cold shower!
      sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
      Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
      "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Originally posted by 57pack View Post
        My Wagonaire stays dry until the first time I hit the brakes.
        Then I get a quick cold shower!
        Sounds like your Drain Tubes are clogged, not to mention the Seals ARE leaking.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Nickname, good to hear you made it through Harvey , good story and glad your wagonaire is nice and tight !
          sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

I am impressed with Nick's comments re dryness in his Wagonaire. I found that the '63 Wagonaires here in Australia were difficult to make fully waterproof to water entry even with the modifications we did.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
            MELBOURNE.

Comment

Working...
            X