Huge Car Collection Sold w/ Studes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huge Car Collection Sold w/ Studes

This one totally went by me for some reason!

Former SDC member Marine Wolf passed away last October, leaving a huge collection of cars, parts, and accessories (including Studes galore).
    I thought perhaps his amassed junkyard would be sold on Hemmings, but it showed up on eBay and I MISSED IT! Someone hit the BIN.

Here's the link -

Chris Pile
    StudeFolk Manager
    Tiny, tinyurl, QR codes, url shortener, URL redirect, tinylink
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

WOW! What a package! Could be a good deal- all depends on condition and actual models of the cars. Last night on B-J an Airflow was sold as a barn find- was totally buried under hay bales, owener died, widow didn't know her late husband even had it! Was in excellent condition, but it was said that it didn't take much to get it there; sold for $300K[:0] Can't wait to get to my house with high-speed internet tomorrow so I can see if there's pictures...[B)]

I'd like to meet the person who bought this package! Looks like a lottery winner or inheritance recipient[8D] 57 eBay purchases since last September- everything from motorcycle parts, a bunch of BB Ford engine parts, model train stuff, sports cards, even a Little Mommy Bedtime Doll! Also just bought a 71 Ford for $430... then $195 THOUSAND on a whole bunch of cars! I cringe at the thought of what it will take to move 110 cars[:0]

I'll be watching this buyer's eBay activity to see if this stuff starts appearing for sale individually

Note to JDP- Maybe this buyer has some money left over and would like to add a really nice GT or two to his collection

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

WOW! What a package! Could be a good deal- all depends on condition and actual models of the cars. Last night on B-J an Airflow was sold as a barn find- was totally buried under hay bales, owener died, widow didn't know her late husband even had it! Was in excellent condition, but it was said that it didn't take much to get it there; sold for $300K[:0] Can't wait to get to my house with high-speed internet tomorrow so I can see if there's pictures...[B)]

I'd like to meet the person who bought this package! Looks like a lottery winner or inheritance recipient[8D] 57 eBay purchases since last September- everything from motorcycle parts, a bunch of BB Ford engine parts, model train stuff, sports cards, even a Little Mommy Bedtime Doll! Also just bought a 71 Ford for $430... then $195 THOUSAND on a whole bunch of cars! I cringe at the thought of what it will take to move 110 cars[:0]

I'll be watching this buyer's eBay activity to see if this stuff starts appearing for sale individually

Note to JDP- Maybe this buyer has some money left over and would like to add a really nice GT or two to his collection

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
      Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Yikes....
        I think his estate made out quite well..
        That is a big chunk of money for what was shown.
        I wish the new re-seller well.
        Imagine moving all that stuff.
        Jeff[8D]
        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Yikes....
          I think his estate made out quite well..
          That is a big chunk of money for what was shown.
          I wish the new re-seller well.
          Imagine moving all that stuff.
          Jeff[8D]
          HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Astonishing. What a stash. Oh, for the time and place to move it, sort it, and see that it all got into proper hands. That was one man's lifetime accumulation...and could easily be another man's lifetime dispersion! BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Astonishing. What a stash. Oh, for the time and place to move it, sort it, and see that it all got into proper hands. That was one man's lifetime accumulation...and could easily be another man's lifetime dispersion! BP
              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by BobPalma

Astonishing. What a stash. Oh, for the time and place to move it, sort it, and see that it all got into proper hands. That was one man's lifetime accumulation...and could easily be another man's lifetime [u]dispertion</u>! BP
                dispertion??? I think Bob meant dispersion

Decimal Dude (Masquerading as the language police)

http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

Astonishing. What a stash. Oh, for the time and place to move it, sort it, and see that it all got into proper hands. That was one man's lifetime accumulation...and could easily be another man's lifetime [u]dispertion</u>! BP

http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Guido

[:0] Thanks, Gary. ('Have to quit posting before the second cup of coffee!) Duly edited. BP

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Guido

[:0] Thanks, Gary. ('Have to quit posting before the second cup of coffee!) Duly edited. BP

Comment

Boy oh boy what a buy and what a find for someone. My garage is fukk but if time and $$ were available it'd been fun to try and buy and play with.

See you in the future as I write about our past
                        sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Boy oh boy what a buy and what a find for someone. My garage is fukk but if time and $$ were available it'd been fun to try and buy and play with.

See you in the future as I write about our past
                          sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Seriously now; you guys are kidding. Right??

That's a good buy??

All that JUNK spread all over outdoors, rotting. The cost of cataloguing, moving, re-selling. . .

and only $195,000.00

American dollare must be worth less than I thought.

Comment

Seriously now; you guys are kidding. Right??

That's a good buy??

All that JUNK spread all over outdoors, rotting. The cost of cataloguing, moving, re-selling. . .

and only $195,000.00

American dollare must be worth less than I thought.

Comment

Working...
                              X