Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Anyone Help me with this Blue Convertible?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Anyone Help me with this Blue Convertible?!

I recently downloaded an old movie from the 50s with the some old Italian rally race as a backdrop to it's drama and among some of the great scenes was one especially where I thought I glimpsed an old '53 or '54 Champion convertible. I was always under the impression that only one or two prototypes were ever built and both were yellow with red interiors? Am I wrong and if so, I questioned my own sanity of what I prehaps saw or not in this movie and went back frame by frame until I was able to catch a screen capture of the Studebaker convertible in question.

Maybe I'm a complete idiot but in all of 60 years I've been aware of Studes I have never seen this particular one before.

Would someone please explain what I am seeing here?

Looks to be a 53 Studebaker convertible in the background of this old British movie filmed in Italy in 1955 or 1956

It is a '53 Studebaker Champion or Commander Starliner 2 Door Hardtop with a darker Color Paint on the Roof, NOT a Convertible.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

We could argue this till the cows come home but I agree it does look like a convertible. Notice the roof line above the rear drivers side window.
      ed ellis

sigpic

the "SUPER COUPE"

Comment

Originally posted by ed ellis View Post
        We could argue this till the cows come home but I agree it does look like a convertible. Notice the roof line above the rear drivers side window.
        Looks like '54 bumper with '53 grills. Is the windshield chopped? Maybe I'm overanalyzing a bad picture.
        Mike M

Comment

It appears to have a panoramic view out the back window, not like a small plastic windowed convertible. I agree that it is not a convertible but an optical illusion and the more you look at it, the more your mind plays tricks and you over analyze it.

Comment

Could it possibly have a padded canvas top like a Carson style top added to it?
            sigpic1966 Daytona (The First One)
            1950 Champion Convertible
            1950 Champion 4Dr
            1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
            1957 Thunderbird

Comment

What was the movie? Sometimes if you watch frame by frame details are clearer than one screen shot.
              "In the heart of Arkansas."
              Searcy, Arkansas
              1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
              1952 2R pickup

Comment

Too fuzzy to tell...
                Lou Van Anne
                62 Champ
                64 R2 GT Hawk
                79 Avanti II

Comment

Working...