Vinyl Top Dressing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vinyl Top Dressing

Does anyone have a GOOD vinyl top dressing recommendation for my 1965 Cruiser? Most of the ones I've used either come off when it rains, or leaves streaks on the rear window and windshield. What I'm looking for is a product that is waterproof, won't streak, and won't have to be re-applied after each rain or wash. I've heard everything from Armor-All, to Lard (yes, LARD)!!!! Does anything exist? I've searched on-line and haven't been to pleased with the selections. Thanks in advance!!!

Have you checked the "dressing" (rust) under the vinyl first?....had to pull the vinyl off my GT Hawk to repair the rust issues.
    Lou Van Anne
    62 Champ
    64 R2 GT Hawk
    79 Avanti II

Comment

Back in the day I worked at a packaging plant that made Herbal Essence Shampoo and conditioner , They use to give rejects to employees at a reduced price so I used the conditioner on vinyl tops and shampoo for washing the car , It worked pretty good , Ed

Comment

Vinyl Protectant

The best products for Vinyl are made by Wolfsteins Pro Series, under the product name "Raggtopp" out of Atlanta, Georgia. Amazing products!!
        Originally posted by kruznstude1 View Post
        Does anyone have a GOOD vinyl top dressing recommendation for my 1965 Cruiser? Most of the ones I've used either come off when it rains, or leaves streaks on the rear window and windshield. What I'm looking for is a product that is waterproof, won't streak, and won't have to be re-applied after each rain or wash. I've heard everything from Armor-All, to Lard (yes, LARD)!!!! Does anything exist? I've searched on-line and haven't been to pleased with the selections. Thanks in advance!!!

Comment

Floor wax . Will hold up good. cheers jimmijim
          sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Working...
          X