California, Conejo, Cars, Coffee and Studebakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California, Conejo, Cars, Coffee and Studebakers

It was a pleasant surprise to pull into the local Conejo Cars & Coffee and be able to park next to Carl's '65 Wagonaire. I've never really looked at one close up before (thanks for the tour). Glad he and his boys got to come out and enjoy the morning.
    Attached Files
    '64 Lark Type, powered by '85 Corvette L-98 (carburetor), 700R4, - CASO to the Max.

Tom is that Carl from Ojai? I have only seen pictures of his car, never in person. The two of you look real sharp!

Mark

Comment

Hi Mark, I'm not sure where Carl is from. I didn't ask, he didn't say. He did say because of a break in his kids sports today was one of the few Saturdays he was able to make it. You should come out sometime. 1st & 3rd Saturday's of the month, 7AM until about 10AM. It's over at the Pet Smart parking lot off Wendy Dr. https://www.cvcarsandcoffee.com/ I don't go every time (and don't always take the Studebaker) but I do try and get over there at least once a month.
      '64 Lark Type, powered by '85 Corvette L-98 (carburetor), 700R4, - CASO to the Max.

Comment

I will be there Tom thanks for letting me know the regular dates. Looks like I just missed the last one in Aug. we will be out of town for both dates in Sep, so will be there there in Oct.

Mark

Comment

Very nice looking Stationwagon. Is that the Bermuda brown?
          Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
          K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
          Ron Smith
          Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

I'm not up on my colors but my red Frankenbaker (a Daytona, but with Commander trim / '64 but came to me with '65/'66 McKinnon power) is suppose to be Bordeaux Red. Yes, it is a nice wagon. It has a decent survivor look rather than restored/pristine. That is part of the charm that it actually gets used instead of polished and covered.

Comment

Yep, Bermuda Brown, had a 64 same color back iin the day......Keep on Studebakering

Comment

Working...
              X