T Cab Gages Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T Cab Gages Needed

I need a set of gages for a T Cab truck. I'd like a decent set and they need not be perfect. They just need to fit the dash. Please let me know what you have and how much.
    Thanks
    sals54

A set from a '59 or '60 Lark would also work, which are far more common, and much easier to find.

Craig

Comment

Sal, If you don't find any close or fast, I have some that I have taken out of my trucks and stashed in boxes. Gauges only, the retainers I modify for other gauges. You can have for shipping charges.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
        Sal, If you don't find any close or fast, I have some that I have taken out of my trucks and stashed in boxes. Gauges only, the retainers I modify for other gauges. You can have for shipping charges.
        Looks like you and "Lumpy" (Colin) have pretty much the same idea!

StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I've got at least 1 set complete, maybe 2 from a 59/60' Lark. I'd be happy to send them all to you for $20. shipping.

Comment

Sal, Dug them out, but a little head scratching. 2 gauges, spedo and the one on the right. One set is 3 5/8" diam and the other is 4 1/2". They came out of 63 and 64 T-Cabs. The 63 was a 6 and the 64 was a V8. Don't know the difference if any and the size of your gauge panel. Maybe Rich will chime in and tell us the difference.

Comment

The gauges were the same from '60 through '64 in the Champs - did not change. Example from below is from a '62, but the same.

Comment

Do the 63 gage pods fit in the same openings?
                sals54

Comment

Originally posted by sals54 View Post
                  Do the 63 gage pods fit in the same openings?
                  Yes, they were the same from '60 to '64 (as well as the '59 and '60 Lark)

Comment

I am pretty sure Sal meant to say: are the '63 Lark to '66 Lark Type the SAME Hole & Bezel Size as Champs & '59-'60 Larks.

They are not, the "Full Gage" '63-'66 type are Larger, but people have squeezed them into the Champ Dashes but they are VERY tight and I don't think they look the best.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Pic 3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	1715950 Someone missed the MOST important one, the Gauge Cluster! But the size would be the same.
                    This one has a '61 Lark or '62 Lark Deluxe Speedometer in a Champ.
                    Last edited by StudeRich; 08-17-2017, 11:23 PM.
                    StudeRich
                    Second Generation Stude Driver,
                    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I would think one of the vendors would have a complete cluster in stock. Sasco had bunches of them as I recall.

Denny L

Comment

Sorry, did not pick up on the fact we were talking about 63-66 car gauges in a T-cab. Photo below is of a Champ dash cluster someone has hogged out for those later and larger gauge clusters.

Comment

Thanks for the picture of the 63 gages. I'm pretty sure that's not going to work for me. Any of the early Lark styles would be OK though. Still looking for a set. Thanks.
                          sals54

Comment

Does anyone have the housing for the optional gauges? The one that sat under the dash on each side of the steering column. On the champs.

Comment

Working...
                            X