Question about DMV info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about DMV info

I'm wondering if anyone has ever tried this... I'm sure there are all kinds of reasons why it won't work.

In an effort to boost our local chapter's membership, I was wondering if there was any way to search DMV registration records and mail an invitation to join our SDC local chapter to all Stude/Packard owners in the area? There are a lot of Studes around town I've seen and they are not involved / maybe don't even know we exist.

Has anyone done something similar to this or am I wasting my time?

Las Vegas, NV - Stop by, coffee's on!
    '51 Champion Business Coupe G899965 10G-Q4-1434

Can you do that? I don't think you can search DMV records in VA.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

Can you do that? I don't think you can search DMV records in VA.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

Just a guess but I would think that there are privacy issues.I like to carry a bunch of flyers for my local chapter and SDC in my car and hand them out to people
        Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

Just a guess but I would think that there are privacy issues.I like to carry a bunch of flyers for my local chapter and SDC in my car and hand them out to people
          Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

I'll tell you how you can get prospective members for your club legally.

The Chapter Presidents used to get lists of new International members in their area, I would ask your zone director for one. [^]

StudeRich
            Studebakers Northwest
            Ferndale, WA
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

The Chapter Presidents used to get lists of new International members in their area, I would ask your zone director for one. [^]

StudeRich
              Studebakers Northwest
              Ferndale, WA
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

StudeRich
                Studebakers Northwest
                Ferndale, WA
                That's how I got invited to join my local chapter - they sent me an e-newsletter after I had rejoined the SDC nationally.[^] I know where I live a member of the public would never have the necessary access to DMV records to accomplish what you have suggested.

<h5>Mark
                '57 Transtar
                3E-6/7-122
                </h5>
                [img]
                Mark Hayden
                '66 Commander

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

StudeRich
                  Studebakers Northwest
                  Ferndale, WA
                  That's how I got invited to join my local chapter - they sent me an e-newsletter after I had rejoined the SDC nationally.[^] I know where I live a member of the public would never have the necessary access to DMV records to accomplish what you have suggested.

<h5>Mark
                  '57 Transtar
                  3E-6/7-122
                  </h5>
                  [img]
                  Mark Hayden
                  '66 Commander

Comment

Paul, contact your SDC Zone Director who can obtain a list of National SDC members in NV. You can also purchase a complete SDC Roster on a CD from Cornerstone Registrations and have a fairly accurate NV Count. As far as outside the SDC RL POLK can provide you a list of all registered Studebakers in NV registered with the DMV. Supposedly they are accurate. My problem with the list is that it does not include those vehicles that are owned in NV but that are not licensed and I know there are a fe I'm sure. Hope this helps

See you in the future as I write about our past
                    sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Paul, contact your SDC Zone Director who can obtain a list of National SDC members in NV. You can also purchase a complete SDC Roster on a CD from Cornerstone Registrations and have a fairly accurate NV Count. As far as outside the SDC RL POLK can provide you a list of all registered Studebakers in NV registered with the DMV. Supposedly they are accurate. My problem with the list is that it does not include those vehicles that are owned in NV but that are not licensed and I know there are a fe I'm sure. Hope this helps

See you in the future as I write about our past
                      sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

quote:Originally posted by vegas paul

I'm wondering if anyone has ever tried this... I'm sure there are all kinds of reasons why it won't work.

In an effort to boost our local chapter's membership, I was wondering if there was any way to search DMV registration records and mail an invitation to join our SDC local chapter to all Stude/Packard owners in the area? There are a lot of Studes around town I've seen and they are not involved / maybe don't even know we exist.

Yes, have done it once for a Brand X vehicle, but that was for a one time "snap-shot" of registered owners in those States/Countries that allow that information to be used by others. Depending on what all you want R. L. Polk to include in your customized report, it can start out with basic search criteria (for example; Studebaker and Packard registered 2007) for around $38,000. as I recall. In addition, if you want to expand the search field and want it all reported to you on an ongoing basis, it could get you into the six $ figure cost range real quick.[:0]

Remember, all those $ will only get you the "raw data!" Now, who (and at what additional costs) is going to take that raw data and convert it into new memberships[?]

<h4>Last Man Standing in Studebaker Indiana</h4>

Comment

quote:Originally posted by vegas paul

Yes, have done it once for a Brand X vehicle, but that was for a one time "snap-shot" of registered owners in those States/Countries that allow that information to be used by others. Depending on what all you want R. L. Polk to include in your customized report, it can start out with basic search criteria (for example; Studebaker and Packard registered 2007) for around $38,000. as I recall. In addition, if you want to expand the search field and want it all reported to you on an ongoing basis, it could get you into the six $ figure cost range real quick.[:0]

Remember, all those $ will only get you the "raw data!" Now, who (and at what additional costs) is going to take that raw data and convert it into new memberships[?]

<h4>Last Man Standing in Studebaker Indiana</h4>

Comment

Yeah, I figured it was going to be a dead-end idea. I appreciate the suggestions about SDC rosters, but I was hoping to locate owners that don't even belong to SDC International.

Thanks

Comment

Yeah, I figured it was going to be a dead-end idea. I appreciate the suggestions about SDC rosters, but I was hoping to locate owners that don't even belong to SDC International.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X