Outdoor Car cover for a 1961 Lark Wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outdoor Car cover for a 1961 Lark Wagon

I'm shopping around for a padded and fitted car cover for my 1961 Lark 4-door wagon, and wanted to know if anybody here can recommend a brand that can provide a quality cover that fits my car. I keep the car out in California, but would like something that can provide good protection even in rainy weather, seeing that we received a bit of it last winter!

Thanks,
    Albert

Don't use a car cover in lieu of a permanent indoor storage facility! It's simply a fools paradise, and a recipe for multiple condition failures.

Comment

Like Hallabutt said.
      But if you are using it temporarily, try Beverly Hills Auto Covers.
      sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
      Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
      "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Nooo...not nearly THAT bad..!

I've used one for years on one of my wagons. And now that it's been without, the paints really gone down hill. More-so in one year without, than the 5 years with..!

Expect to buy new every two to three years though. Be sure to get one that's rated for outdoors. I got mine from California Car Covers. Whom ever you get it from, they'll most likely need general measurements...because they wont have one "exactly..." for your car.
        OR...you can spend a lot of money and have them "make" one exactly for your car.

Mike

Comment

i had a nice outdoor cover that came with the Avanti. just remember that it won't keep the rodents and other critters from coming in from the bottom if the vehicle is outdoors!
          Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Another alternative is a carport from Harbour Freight. I have three and two of them have held up quite well. We got quite a bit of snow this winter and it ripped the cover on one. It has none of the bad side effects of a car-cover and they're cheap. On sale right now for $175. If you're a cheapo like me they can be re-covered by a tarp later and none of the problems with tarping your car.

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
            K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
            Ron Smith
            Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

All the cars are outside except 2 (a project and the cruiser with the backseat). The Lark wagon has been outside since I bought, still looks great and around here you don't need to worry about critters.....maybe spiders. I bought the superweave premium from California car cover, they had the pattern in stock for a '61 wagon and I added an extra 2" around the bottom. Wasn't cheap but is working great.

Comment

Thanks everybody for the tips! Fortunately the car is in California, so the weather isn't too bad. I am looking into indoor storage, but am somewhat held up until my aunt decides to clean out her garage (which may not happen until I move back to LA and help her with it). In the meantime, the cover will be the short term fix.

Comment

Working...
                X