New here! New wagon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New here! New wagon!

Hello, I recently aquire a 64 wagon, runs great but has some rust issues, mainly the tailgate. I've heard these are pretty hard to come by, I was curious if anyone had one for sale or a lead on one. Thanks! Looking foeword to contribute and learn here!

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure that your request will get good response, both for a replacement tailgate and for rust repair of the existing one. A picture of the rusted areas would help. Is your wagon a solid roof or a Wagonaire?
    I have a 64 Daytona 4 Dr sedan that I'm parting out if you need any other body parts that are exchangeable.
    Where are you in Nevada? We are vacationing, visiting daughter, in Elko right now.
    sigpic1966 Daytona (The First One)
    1950 Champion Convertible
    1950 Champion 4Dr
    1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
    1957 Thunderbird

Comment

Thanks! Right now the car is in mammoth lakes ca, about 3 hours south of where I'm at now in reno. The car is a wagonaire, the sliding roof is actually in great condition. Runs/drives/and stops great! Needs some body work, lower door/quarter rust and dents/dings ect.. the tailgate is pretty much a total loss though, the whole lower area near the hinges is Completely rotten, power window works fine though haha I'll see if I can post some pictures

Comment

Comment

Comment

Beautiful wagonaire! Even has the optional roof rack that is very desirable! Good buy!! Register it on the wagonaire registry, as you will find company and others to discuss all things wagonaire.
            Mark

Comment

Welcome to the world of Wagonaire
              sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Will do, thanks!

Comment

Welcome to the SDC and to the SDC Forum Charlie!
                  That is a better than average equipped Wagonaire!

Not many have Power Rear Window, the fold down tailgate Step, and Roof Rack, nice!

I noticed that the CENTER Wide Semi-Gloss Black stripe on your Body side Mouldings used on Daytonas is gone.
                  The small upper and lower indented areas were painted Black on '64 Cruisers and '65 Daytonas and Cruisers.

You don't happen to have a McKinnon (GM) Thunderbolt 283 Engine in there do you? That would indicate a '65 Wagonaire making the Mouldings Correct!
                  StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

It's all studebaker, unfortunately the roof rack is a little rotten (at least the tubing is), and the step is missing.

Comment

Welcome Vertwagon! That is one great looking Wagonaire. Blue happens to be my favorite color so I would think that. Nicely equipped.
                      Do register with the Wagonaire Registry (I am the gate keeper for it) and be sure and list the parts you are needing when you register. There is a special section for you to do that. The Registry is only a few months old but I hope to add a For Sale/Wanted page to it. Until then, when I get someone that lists parts needed I plan to send an email out to those already registered to see anyone can help.
                      I may be able to help you with the tailgate step and some parts for the roof rack. Just let me know exactly what you need.
                      The Registry is located at:

wagonaire.info

Welcome again! Nick

Comment

Welcome. for a total loss, your tailgate looks fab! The old girl hides her rust very well! Love the colour, love the wagon!

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                        K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                        Ron Smith
                        Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Welcome to the wonderful world of Wagonaires! Yes please register your Wagonaire and list all of the options your car has.
                          And let us know what parts you may need. I don't have a tailgate but have some roof rack parts, feet, side bars, and roof slats. Don't have any front or rear cross bars though. They are tough to find.
                          sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
                          Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
                          "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

I can see from your Post #10 it has Tinted Windshield only, Power Steering and the Bendix Master Vac Power Brake Unit and the Round reservoir Master Cylinder that you also scored Bendix/Dunlap Power Disc. Brakes not available on ANY other U.S. Car in 1963 or 1964!

The Wheelcovers are probably from a '59 Lark, LOTS of those out there, due to Qty. built.

It is the 383rd. '64 Daytona V8 Wagon or Wagonaire BODY welded up on the Body Line, not the complete Car.
                            Last edited by StudeRich; 07-31-2017, 03:59 PM.
                            StudeRich
                            Second Generation Stude Driver,
                            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Charlie,
                              Welcome to the Forum!
                              Have you also joined the SDC?
                              Brad Johnson,
                              SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                              '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                              '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Working...
                              X