1963 Avanti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1963 Avanti

For Sale in Anchorage at United Auto Sales (www.alaskaunitedauto.com), 1963 Avanti, Supercharged V8, AT, A/C 130,000 miles, VIN 63R3108. $34995.
    1949 2r5 28196
    170ci 6cyl
    4spd

I wonder if you could take a cruise ship up there, pick up the car, and put it on the cruise ship for the return to the lower 48...
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

The ad shows that the Avanti has AC. Being new to Studebakers, I thought you couldn't get AC on a supercharged engine?
      Money may not buy happiness, but it's more comfortable to cry in a Mercedes than on a bicycle.

Comment

Originally posted by bumpkinvilledano View Post
        The ad shows that the Avanti has AC. Being new to Studebakers, I thought you couldn't get AC on a supercharged engine?
        The factory didn't offer AC on supercharged Avantis, but a number of owners have added it. With the nice small Sanden compressors it isn't too hard. Interestingly though, 1958 Golden Hawks were available with factory air. Talk about a crowded engine compartment- big compressor, supercharger, hydrovac brake booster, power steering pump/generator (the power steering and generator were one unit with the power steering pump at the rear part of the generator).
        Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
        '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Originally posted by 53k View Post
          The factory didn't offer AC on supercharged Avantis, but a number of owners have added it. With the nice small Sanden compressors it isn't too hard. Interestingly though, 1958 Golden Hawks were available with factory air. Talk about a crowded engine compartment- big compressor, supercharger, hydrovac brake booster, power steering pump/generator (the power steering and generator were one unit with the power steering pump at the rear part of the generator).
          Thanks for the info. I expanded the pictures in the ad and didn't see either a compressor or an "under dash" unit.
          Money may not buy happiness, but it's more comfortable to cry in a Mercedes than on a bicycle.

Comment

Originally posted by bumpkinvilledano View Post
            Thanks for the info. I expanded the pictures in the ad and didn't see either a compressor or an "under dash" unit.
            The Avanti had built in vents, no under dash unit needed.

Comment

Working...
            X