Quick question on 1950 2R5-12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick question on 1950 2R5-12

Considering a 1950 2R5-12...would like to confirm that the 1950 standard bed has post pockets I can use to craft a hardwood bed extender (for looks, not especially utility). I've seen plenty of these so-equipped, but can't tell from photos if the pockets are part of the standard bed. I'm not in front of the truck (70 miles away) for a few days yet.

Slow answer!

So you want to build a Clone of a Studebaker Conestoga Top, they were Tarpaulin covered, a Camper Shell?

Yes there are 4 Stake Pockets in a Studebaker Short Bed 112 Wheelbase, 6 in a Long Bed 122 Wheelbase, about 2"X2".
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

yes the stock beds have pockets.

Comment

Thanks Gents!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0227.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	157.9 KB
ID:	1715747 I like the look of the bed boards on an old truck. Is this what you had in mind?
          Jon Stalnaker
          Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Jon, that's exactly what I had in mind - thanks for the photo. AND....I'm pleased to note that this 1950 2R5-12 came home with me this evening. Turns out this is the best way to co-opt a horse-happy wife into Studebakers.....get her a farm truck that matches her hobby to mine Devious....but effective.

I hope you enjoy these two YouTube snippets: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJgIlz6OZW4 & https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysEp...ature=youtu.be

Comment

Cool videos and nice truck! Being that she has horses, you may as well buy a horse-drawn Studebaker wagon too!
              sigpic
              In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Sdude that is one beautiful Stude pickup

Comment

Matt, that looks like a very nice companion for your recently acquired GT Hawk.
                  Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
                  '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
                  '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
                  '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

Comment

Absolutely -a sort of his-and-hers pairing. Gives the impression she gets the work done while I'm out on the highway...

Comment

And, for those following this thread - weird circumstances involving me getting rear-ended Sunday night in the Silverado (and trailer) while coming home from up north, and the resulting 7-day absence of that working truck.....meant that today Sorley (her choice of name, not mine) was already at work:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Day1_atwork.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	131.6 KB
ID:	1715804

Comment

Trucks look their best when they are hauling something.
                        sigpic
                        In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

I agree. Sorry to hear of your accident, but it's good to see the Studebaker truck at work. That's what they were made for!

Comment

That is the original colors of my truck when I bought it. I was just going to use it as a run around truck but got carried away. It's just like a brand new truck now (except cooler looking). I use it as a truck and have already suffered the first blemishes. Its as fast as I need it to be. It hauls more than just cargo.
                            Jon Stalnaker
                            Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Working...
                            X