Local street fair and car show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local street fair and car show

Last night I went to the local street fair and car show in Hayward California, a city with population of over 150,000 people so for the 4 hours there was a lot of foot traffic. Of course there were no Studebaker's there and the closest was my 1990 4 door Avanti, I could have taken my 1952 commander hardtop, my 1967 Avanti or my 1962 GT with 4 speed all nice cars and all show well but I wanted to be different and show the public something most have never seen. Most of you have been to other non Studebaker shows and know what you see is one street rod after another and some restored Chevy's or Fords and other very nice cars and trucks but the 90 4 door really was the top show magnet and as I sat in my chair watching the reactions of people young and old walking by and then stop and take a 2nd look and wonder what they were looking at. My night was answering questions starting at who built this car and what year was it most could not believe the car is 27 years old with only 38,000 miles since it looks like a new car. I has a sign on the windshield with most information but they were still asking and over all were very in pressed with it. Many said if there was voting this car would get most votes, not one person that came by had ever seen one except one man said he said he saw mine driving the other day and had to take a 2nd look, when he told a car friend of his that he saw a 4 door Avanti the friend no he didn't because they never made any and about 10 minuets later the friend came by and just stood there looking and shaking his head. the friend was some one I have known for years and he said you never told me abut this car. The 90 Avanti was a show stopper last night opened eyes of a lot of people but since there were on 90 of these cars built you can't expect the average person to see one every day. Just 2 cars away was a brand new 2017 Mustang Convertible GT still had the window sticker on it showing a price tag of $50,000 when people would ask me what this car cost new in 1990 I just said more that that new Mustang over there. lots of people thanked me for bringing the car out for all to see.
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

Happy to hear that you had a good time. Did anybody ask if they are still made in Canada?
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Brent, not this time most just asked where were they built and who built them, most were just taken away by the car and the fact that they have never seen one before.
      Candbstudebakers
      Castro Valley,
      California

Comment

Bob-
        Your signature picture is not showing up to those of us without Photobucket accounts.
        Skip Lackie

Comment

sorry about that I just don't know much about fixing it since I stopped using photobucket when they made some changes. I need help finding something else to post pictures.
          Candbstudebakers
          Castro Valley,
          California

Comment

Try postimage. That is what I switched too after the Photobucket mess. Downloaded over 4000 pictures to it so far.
            51 Studebaker Starlight State Commander Coupe
            53 Studebaker Starlight Regal Commander Coupe
            62 Volvo PV544 Sport

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	4doorAvantis.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	1715702 Great story Bob. I just dug up this picture off my phone and posted it on facebook. Seeing a 4 door Avanti is certainly unusual but seeing two parked side by side is special. Thanks for the treat back in April in Stockton.
              Jon Stalnaker
              Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Originally posted by Sdude View Post
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]65832[/ATTACH] Great story Bob. I just dug up this picture off my phone and posted it on facebook. Seeing a 4 door Avanti is certainly unusual but seeing two parked side by side is special. Thanks for the treat back in April in Stockton.
                Great pic, that was the view through the windshield of my GT in April, you must have been next to me, small world.

Comment

The blue belongs to a member here in Stockton....
                  Lou Van Anne
                  62 Champ
                  64 R2 GT Hawk
                  79 Avanti II

Comment

Lou,
                    is the white Avanti Bob's?
                    sigpic

Comment

Yes, it is!
                      Originally posted by Milaca View Post
                      Lou,
                      is the white Avanti Bob's?
                      Lou Van Anne
                      62 Champ
                      64 R2 GT Hawk
                      79 Avanti II

Comment

Nice car Bob!
                        sigpic

Comment

Nice looking cars. The additional doors worked on this re-design.
                          Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                          K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                          Ron Smith
                          Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
                            Nice car Bob!
                            Bob has some nice Studies! (of course I'm a little biased as two of them are my old girl friends, a 52 Commander hardtop and 67 Avanti II....should have kept them both!)
                            Lou Van Anne
                            62 Champ
                            64 R2 GT Hawk
                            79 Avanti II

Comment

Lou hind site is 20-20
                              Candbstudebakers
                              Castro Valley,
                              California

Comment

Working...
                              X