Sky Hawk Progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other: Sky Hawk Progress

Little by little, it's coming together. Got the hood stripped, epoxy primed (white), installed, grill and front vents installed. My electric fuel pump which was SUPPOSED to be 4-6lbs turned out to be 10lbs, and overpowered the needle and seat in the carb. Flooded the carb at idle, so I bought a fuel pressure regulator, and will be installing that tomorrow. Sure is gratifying to see it all together, finally...more or less.Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2157.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	126.6 KB
ID:	1755377Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2158.jpg
Size:	155.9 KB
ID:	1755378Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2159.jpg
Size:	139.9 KB
ID:	1755379

Looks like fun, you may want to study the clips on the side trim and verify that they are set correctly the trim should flow smoothly on the sides. Sometimes clips get turned up, down, sideways or may have been on a different car that was bent or adjusted. I have had and still have issues with trim. But your car looks great enjoy and keep up the good work

Comment

Each piece of side trim only has 2 clips holding it on. The GOOD trim is for after the car is painted...

Comment

What type of headlamps do you have installed? Look like Wipac or Cibie?
        sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
        Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
        "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Nice car. Not to pick nits, but do you know the car's current hood is for 57-61?

Comment

Did you know that according to information I got from a research company in San Diego, that as of about five years ago there are only 66 Sky Hawks registered in this country? There are probably more in shops, barns and garages, as well as overseas. No tri-five Chevys, these!
            peter lee

Comment

Originally posted by plee4139 View Post
              Did you know that according to information I got from a research company in San Diego, that as of about five years ago there are only 66 Sky Hawks registered in this country? There are probably more in shops, barns and garages, as well as overseas. No tri-five Chevys, these!
              Even if that 66 number is accurate, there isn't any way to know how many are around. I can think of 4 within 200 miles that aren't tagged and insured.

Comment

Fuel pressure regulator did the Trick. Engine runs like new, now...

Comment

That is one sweet car. Sky Hawks are my favorite Hawks.
                  RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
                  4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
                  5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Thank you, RADIO ROY. Later this winter, I'll need to get with you on doing up my radio with FM, and a new dial face...

Comment

Working...
                    X