1958 Silver Hawk being parted out, Granite Falls, WA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1958 Silver Hawk being parted out, Granite Falls, WA

There's a 1958 Silver Hawk being advertised for parts in Granite Falls, WA. No pictures of the interior or underneath.

Maybe the seller will sell it whole. Just judging from those pictures posted, the body doesn't look too bad. Kind of a shame to part it out.
    Mark L

I agree. Based on the photos that is way too nice to part out.
    Wayne
    "Trying to shed my CASO ways"

sigpic

Comment

From a purely profit standpoint, parting the car out is probably more lucrative than selling it whole.
      Paul
      Winston-Salem, NC
      Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

He may be parting it because he does not have clear title/ownership of the car to transfer it. To me. more likely is that he wants the drivetrain for the car next to it. Notice that the V8, etc. is not offered for sale.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by r1lark View Post
          From a purely profit standpoint, parting the car out is probably more lucrative than selling it whole.
          Obviously, that's what the seller decided.

jack vines
          PackardV8

Comment

Just adding the prices of everything, it totals around $4,200. I think that with a bit of judicious searching, a Hawk could be found for that price that could be a running car and with a way to get a title if there was not a title.

Then again, I have run into some mean people that would take delight in tormenting people that were interested in a car and just to be mean would part it out.

Bob Miles
            Tucson AZ

Comment

Once cleaned up you would think that jumping through the appropriate hoops (assuming none or lost title) would be worth the end result of saving what looks to be a pretty salvageable car. I did that with my '57 Clipper wagon and trust me, it was worth all the trouble and expense. After all any vehicle that's been sitting and is now over 50 years of age has had it's share of dead owners, estate inheritances etc. so lost paperwork is to be expected. Besides if it's the motor this guy wants, I'm sure Jack V could supply a good one and he too is in Washington State not all that far away (approx 300 miles).
              I hope this one gets saved.
              Bill

Comment

Unless it's Stole..

Comment

Working...
                X