1959-1960 Lark front fenders.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1959-1960 Lark front fenders.

Still seeking nice rust free or nearly rust free 59-60 Lark front fenders. Im about ready to consider 1961 fenders as a last resort. ANYBODY have a lead on a left and a right? NEED STEEL OUTTER FENDERS ONLY.
    Thanks! Dave
    mytruck@cfu.net

As you know, these are getting REALLY hard to find rust-free; but most ARE repairable- I'd guess around 80 percent! There are repair panels available to fix them, and I'd be willing to walk you through this if you want.

If you don't have any luck finding fenders- and frankly I'm not confident you will- post some pictures, or send me some, and I'll give you my experienced opinion on them. If the fender is rusted on the outer skin but the inner brace is solid (which is usually the case), they are definitely savable!

IMHO, too many savable fenders are thrown away, at the cost of making them more and more scarce for future restorations.

Good luck, and let me know if I can help.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

As you know, these are getting REALLY hard to find rust-free; but most ARE repairable- I'd guess around 80 percent! There are repair panels available to fix them, and I'd be willing to walk you through this if you want.

If you don't have any luck finding fenders- and frankly I'm not confident you will- post some pictures, or send me some, and I'll give you my experienced opinion on them. If the fender is rusted on the outer skin but the inner brace is solid (which is usually the case), they are definitely savable!

IMHO, too many savable fenders are thrown away, at the cost of making them more and more scarce for future restorations.

Good luck, and let me know if I can help.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
      Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

I've got a rust-free pair off a '60 Lark. A couple of times I've thought I had them sold, but each time - getting them from Calif. to wherever seems too daunting & expensive.[B)]

Miscreant adrift in
        the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I've got a rust-free pair off a '60 Lark. A couple of times I've thought I had them sold, but each time - getting them from Calif. to wherever seems too daunting & expensive.[B)]

Miscreant adrift in
          the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I remember what you went through last time you tried to ship them to someone[xx(]

Lots of folks could use those fenders... I'd like them just for a future Lark I know I'll have... just wish there way an easy way to move 'em......

Till then I'll have to fix 'em- not the end of the world, but it is Plan B...

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

I remember what you went through last time you tried to ship them to someone[xx(]

Lots of folks could use those fenders... I'd like them just for a future Lark I know I'll have... just wish there way an easy way to move 'em......

Till then I'll have to fix 'em- not the end of the world, but it is Plan B...

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Im serious on getting a NICE set, so if somebody can either e-mail me at mytruck@cfu.net or provide a phone number I will call.
                Thanks, Dave

Comment

Im serious on getting a NICE set, so if somebody can either e-mail me at mytruck@cfu.net or provide a phone number I will call.
                  Thanks, Dave

Comment

Biggs is well-known and definitely trustworthy. Click on his name and send him an e-mail. If you can figure out how to get them you can trust his description.

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Biggs is well-known and definitely trustworthy. Click on his name and send him an e-mail. If you can figure out how to get them you can trust his description.

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Thank You, I have sent him an e-mail. Hope to hear from him.

Comment

Thank You, I have sent him an e-mail. Hope to hear from him.

Comment

On one occassion a few years ago, I received a complete fender assembly, shipped by Greyhound; received without a scratch.
                            Brad Johnson,
                            SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                            '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                            '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

On one occassion a few years ago, I received a complete fender assembly, shipped by Greyhound; received without a scratch.
                              Brad Johnson,
                              SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                              '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                              '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Working...
                              X