1955 E7 pickup paint color names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1955 E7 pickup paint color names

I am thinking ahead while the shop is fixing mechanical problems(rebuilding 224V8 engine,swapping the original T86 3speed OD for a T5 5speed OD,brakes,suspension and on);while waiting for all that to be fixed i searched for a different paint color than the cheap respray light blue over the original red;i searched the forum and E-bay for what was available in 1955 for pickup trucks only to get confused with paint chips that apply to commercial trucks and all 1955 studebaker models;i need some help to know what were at the dealership the names of paint colors offered for the 1955 E7 pickup and others.Thanks.

Have you looked at the Dupont, PPG, Ditzler Color charts? Many Colors were the same as 1955 Cars but there were also a few Truck only Colors thrown in.

All the Auto paint sellers use these sample/Formula charts plus they are for sale on eBay.
    I do not see how the NAMES would matter, it is the COLOR you want and it's NUMBER.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

There were nine 1955 Stude factory truck colors: black, yellow, tan, yellow, red, two different blues, and three greens. Can provide the full name and original codes if interested.
      Last edited by Skip Lackie; 07-20-2017, 05:20 AM.
      Skip Lackie

Comment

Paint Color Reference Website

I've posted this website before, but here is the 55 specific colors. WITH Names..

click here ==> http://paintref.com/cgi-bin/colorcod...aker&year=1955

Originally posted by SScopelli View Post
        click here ==> http://paintref.com/cgi-bin/colorcod...aker&year=1964

They have a great cross reference to the original formulas for Studebaker in multiple brands.

Comment

Working...
        X