This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need 4 speed cowell streamer

My new 62 GT is a 4 speed car and missing the 4 speed streamer, it had one at one time as I can see the dark spot under where it was, it was put on and then the cowell was painted. any one have one they want to sell? if so PM me thanks.....Bob
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

contact Jerry Kurtz. he made an auto trans streamer for my '51. at a reasonable price.
    Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Originally posted by Corvanti View Post
      contact Jerry Kurtz. he made an auto trans streamer for my '51. at a reasonable price.
      Encouraging folks to purchase reproduction serial plates, cowl tags, and STREAMERS is EXTREMELY poor advice!!

Comment

Fine, but what is the harm in replacing an actual MISSING one, with the bare spot in the Paint and the Four Speed to prove it?

You know that the Dealers were told to "Clean them up" during the dealer prep for delivery, and the COWL Tag streamers were often removed.

Here is an old thread showing where to get one, if still available!

Last edited by StudeRich; 07-13-2017, 03:10 PM.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Mr. Ed, no one has mentioned SERIAL TAGS on this thread!!!

go back to adding more more posts to your threads every day or so to get back to the top.

Rich is right.

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
            Fine, but what is the harm in replacing an actual MISSING one, with the bare spot in the Paint and the Four Speed to prove it?

You know that the Dealers were told to "Clean them up" during the dealer prep for delivery, and the COWL Tag streamers were often removed.
            Rich, if they'd only stick to replicating missing tags for cars that actually came with said equipment I'd have no qualms....however, we both know that's hardly the case!

Comment

Mr. Ed, no one has mentioned SERIAL TAGS on this thread!!!

go back to adding more more posts to your threads every day or so to get back to the top.

Rich is right.
              PLEASE troll somewhere else Kerry!!

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
                PLEASE troll somewhere else Kerry!!
                since you brought it up in the public forum, instead of the nasty PM's you sent... well, nevermind. most here know who the troll is.

i'm done responding to your posts and your PM's.

Comment

since you brought it up in the public forum, instead of the nasty PM's you sent... well, nevermind. most here know who the troll is.

i'm done responding to your posts and your PM's.
                  NASTY Pm's ?????....You're joking for sure!!....Anyway, please stick to your 'not responding' statement above....It will be a pleasure to have at least one of the 'usual suspects' OFF MY BACK!!

Comment

Gerald does fantastic work, and as ANYONE knows, if your ORIGINAL part is missing you replace it or fix it. It is called restoration.....imagine that!
                    Bez Auto Alchemy
                    573-318-8948
                    http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by bezhawk View Post
                      Gerald does fantastic work, and as ANYONE knows, if your ORIGINAL part is missing you replace it or fix it. It is called restoration.....imagine that!
                      Well, we're glad your catching on to the importance of ORIGINALITY Brad!

Comment

No winky face required, the OP said his was missing. Reading comprehension......it's a wonderful thing
                        Bez Auto Alchemy
                        573-318-8948
                        http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

In the past (as I have) I would send this as a personal message but, like the Energizer Bunny, SN-60 just keeps going and going. Ed, Why not let people restore their vehicles? You have opined about replacement body tags and the inferiority of the DG transmissions enough for a couple of lifetimes. You are revolted by replacing a body tag but are very quick to advise people ditch the transmission their car was built with. Do you not see the hypocrisy? Face it; things that have disappointed you in the past are your experience, not ours. Because you have the opportunity to rain on someone's parade doesn't necessarily mean you should. At this point we are all getting to know your reputation. And there is no reason for you to send me a personal message indicating that the apology I have not offered has been accepted. I am too adult to offer it; and won't even bother opening a PM if you send it.
                          Last edited by rockne10; 07-13-2017, 05:00 PM.
                          Brad Johnson,
                          SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                          '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                          '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

If everyone put the individuals who constantly disrupt this forum on ignore the problem would self resolve. Narcissistic personalities crave attention and believe their intellect is superior, crush their feelings by ignoring them.

Comment

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
                              Ed, Why not let people restore their vehicles? You have opined about replacement body tags and the inferiority of the DG transmissions enough for a couple of lifetimes. Face it; things that have disappointed you in the past are your experience, not ours. Because you have the opportunity to rain on someone's parade doesn't necessarily mean you should. At this point we are all getting to know your reputation. And there is no reason for you to send me a personal message indicating that the apology I have not offered has been accepted. I am too adult to offer it.
                              You really need to move on from that same old 'Ed's knocking something again' tune Brad!...It's 'been played'!.....That aside, I feel reproduction I.D. tags of any sort are a major mistake UNLESS it can be verified that the automobile in question actually had said equipment.

The OP's car falls into that 'REAL' category.....however, this type of thing should be closely monitored (IMHO).....SN-60

Comment

Working...
                              X