Tired of people running up on my tail to "see what it is"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tired of people running up on my tail to "see what it is"

Yes I know its curiosity and WHY did Studebaker put its nameplate behind the bumper guard. BUT this 70mph approach from the rear is terrifying!!

Well, just give it to me and I'll take over that Headache!

Comment

Well...there are several solutions. Perhaps none are preferred, but nonetheless, will alleviate the problem. You could just not drive it, move the bumper guards, or slap a big sign on the trunk.

I'm not annoyed by curiosity, but more concerned about the idiot texting on his/her phone while charging from the rear at over 70mph!
      John Clary
      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

I like the big sign idea. Maybe a banner with streamers.

Comment

I really do hate those myopic, millenial , texting twits!

Comment

Going through the drive-thru and trying desperately to hear what the voice on the speaker is trying to say....... and some guy gets in my window trying to ask questions about the car. I try not to be rude, but I'm hungry!
            Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

There used to be some aftermarket plate frames with Studebaker on them or maybe get a bumper or window decal/sticker made that says, "It's a Studebaker!"
              I used to think people were too close to me at lights but then I realized it's the rear view mirror in the Daytona and got used to it.
              Last edited by Bordeaux Daytona; 07-12-2017, 06:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 64V19816 View Post
                Yes I know its curiosity and WHY did Studebaker put its nameplate behind the bumper guard. BUT this 70mph approach from the rear is terrifying!!
                I suppose it depends on what you're driving. Maybe you need a little more power? Add a supercharger? Twin turbos? Make him earn the privilege to read that name plate. If he's too close at 70 mph, perhaps a little jaunt up to 130 will change his mind.
                sals54

Comment

Jeeeze...if you don't want all of the attention replace your Studebaker with something common to most people...something built in the last 15 years. That way neither the young or the old will give a damn what you're driving!

Comment

This whole thread is cracking me up!
                    RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
                    4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
                    5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Just show him you brake lights little at a time.
                      Candbstudebakers
                      Castro Valley,
                      California

Comment

Drive a Camry, you'll never be bothered again.
                        Bill

Comment

You guys are Stateside.... imagine what a pain it is in the UK!
                          Richard
                          sigpic

Comment

Bumper Guards?

Originally posted by 64V19816 View Post
                            I am scratching my Head trying to figure out WHAT Stude. would have Bumper Guards in front of a Nameplate?

A 1951 with Bumper Over Riders?

Click image for larger version

Name:	59 Regal 4 Dr Blue3a.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	1715532 Most are pretty easy to see, Guards and all. Click image for larger version

Name:	64Daytona4drStratoBlue4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	1715533
                            Last edited by StudeRich; 07-12-2017, 08:45 AM.
                            StudeRich
                            Second Generation Stude Driver,
                            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

The first few thousand times of raising the hood, per admirers' requests, was fun. But somewhere along the line it became bothersome. Then too, some folks are so caught up in their admiration, they lose sight of the fact they may be annoying. I have had folks actually pull alongside and ask me to pull over and raise the hood, so they can see or take pix of the 56J's motor. I usually try to accommodate, but often feel like saying: "Leave me alone, I am trying to get to work." Or maybe a simple, "Get a life." But I never have said any of those things.

I was rude once in the 1980s, when I had a 56J on the road as a rolling project. It was missing about half its paint, chrome removed, etc.. While sitting at a light, a girl beside me mouthed (so I could read her lips), "Your car looks like s--t." I mouthed back, 'f--- you". She then looked straight ahead and drove away. LOL
                              Last edited by JoeHall; 07-12-2017, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X